For Sale 1971 Chrysler by Chrysler

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Yup, you read that right! You Aussies and Kiwis know these, and I've seen exactly ONE up close and personal a few years ago. The Down Under C-body. And it is a hardtop, too! 360 auto...and GREEN! One of 440 built, according to the ad. $19,500 AUD ($14,500 USD/$18,540 CDN). Guaranteed to be the ONLY one at any US or Canadian car event!

And, it's a project car. For this to be a buy for someone outside Oz, it HAS to have ALL of the parts with it!!! I can't think of much that might interchange with a US C-body, outside of the driveline, axle, brakes, and a few interior bits.

Front-Three-Quarters1-620x3491.jpg

BaT link here: http://bringatrailer.com/2015/08/25/rare-aussie-mopar-1971-chrysler-by-chrysler-coupe/

Aussie link here: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Chrysler-Chrysler-1971/SSE-AD-3544061/?Cr=1

Engine4-620x3491.jpg

cp4693462535528581085.jpg

Strange looking....

Engine compartment pretty tight if it is built on a C-Body platform. Looks like it has the engine compartment room of a A-body.

I'm usually the only one at a show with a '67 Imperial Coupe and it didn't cost me anywhere near 14K. Neat car though.

These are larger cars than the Valiant/Charger. I forget what the wheelbase on this is, though. Maybe one of our Aussie/Kiwi members can chime in?

Nose of a B
Engine bay of an A
Roof of a C
Rear of an AMC
Very unusual ride.

Its an Aussie design using the A-body platform and stretched out. The doors share a commonality with the Aussie Charger, They were only built for two years with production topping out at about 330 something in the first year and only about 76 in the second year. This was a CJ designation and is considered the rarest of the two obviously. I have had three of these.

Finding a windshield would be paramount, since the ad states it has none. For the asking price, you'd think the seller would have one, or provide one.

The driveline was A body suspension with a 7 1/4 Aussie made Borg Warner rear end. They only came out with 360 2bbl auto trans. Interior was again an Aussie only affair with large square bucket seats with no room for a center console. Plain wheels with wheel covers. Options were AC and electric windows. Electric seats weren't offered until 76 so these cars missed out. All cars came with vinyl roofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back