For Sale 1972 Chrysler New Yorker 2 Door, Base, very solid, $7,500 OBO

oliver

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi Everyone,

This is my 1972 Chrysler New Yorker. It's a 2-door base New Yorker with roll-up windows and manual seats. I've owned the car for 40+ years during which I've only driven it approximately 4,000 miles. I am the third owner of the car and got it in 1984 from a very dear family member who owned a few big Chryslers at the time. He didn't like the '72 because it was a 2 door and ended up letting it sit in his yard from 1978 to 1984, primarily using it as a storage shed. Tools, lumber and pieces of machinery were stored inside and account for the driver's seat cover being destroyed as well as stains on the carpet. After becoming the new owner in 1984, I put the car in dry storage and started fixing it up little by little. At the time I acquired it, the car showed 48,326 miles on the odometer (which was the mileage as of 1978). it now shows close to 52K. Impossible to prove it's original but I believe it is. That was also the opinion of mechanics who've worked on it due to the general tightness of the car and lack of wear on the pedals. There is no perforating rust on the car, save for one tiny spot in the rear trunk gutter which was due to accumulated dirt and leaves while the car was laid up and is an easy fix. There was a little rust in the lower front fenders at the the time I got the car in '84 but both fenders were replaced in the eighties with a pair of rust free fenders. Never any rust in the rear quarters. The passenger side door was also replaced in the eighties due to a dent. The car had a respray in the late eighties and also received a new vinyl top with incorrect grain and color. I did not know at the time that it was a non-vinyl car from the factory, it initially had a dealer installed top which was damaged while the car was laid up. I was quite young at the time, the car was just an older car and I did not know or worry about fender tag decoding. The rear window surround molding was never reinstalled. You can see in the pictures that the skinny row of body side moldings is off the car; but I have everything for it and in duplicates. Due to a demanding job and other pursuits men are generally interested in, I never really had the time to accomplish what I hoped to and mostly contented myself with keeping the car out of the elements (it has not seen a drop of rain in 40 years). In 2016, I took the car to a shop and had the brake system rebuilt with new calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, brake lines, rotors and drums, and I had work done on the fuel system as well (new fuel lines, drop and clean tank, carb rebuilt). Due to major events, I haven't done much with the car since but it has been driven once or twice a year.

The car runs and drives well with a strong 440. Don't expect a pristine car but with some cosmetic work (but no rust repair); it would make a real nice looking cruiser for someone. A few paint touch-ups, putting the trim back on, a front seat cover. The bumpers are fair or so-so but I have a re-chromed front bumper that comes with the car as well as a rear bumper that's nicer than the existing one. I do have all the moldings that are off the car at the present time and plenty of spare parts such as doors, glass, NOS moldings etc, 10 extra incomplete road wheels and misc. items. Floors, trunk floor are super solid. Trunk mat and cards were lost 40 years ago.

It totally breaks my heart to part with it but I am planning on relocating overseas and taking the car with me is not reasonable. I do hope it finds a good home. The asking price is $7,500 and the car is located in Staten Island, NY 10301. Thanks for looking.

cH82516.jpg

cH82516A (1) (1).jpg

cH82516B.jpg

Chry3 (1).jpg

chrysler tag.jpg

chryslerengine3.jpg

chryslerengine2.jpg

chryslerengine1.jpg

Last edited:
Back