SOLD 1974 dodge Monaco Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
360 V8, 727 auto, 3rd seat, A/C. Runs and drives great, rebuilt transmission, new front brake pads and rotors. Real survivor with 80% original paint. Very clean inside and out. A/C blows ice cold and heat blows hot. 88,000 box A miles. Rust free Southwest car. Good tires, clean AZ title. $12,500. Not really looking for trades but if you have something really nice I'll consider it.

mon1.jpg

mon2.jpg

mon3.jpg

mon4.jpg

mon5.jpg

mon6.jpg

mon8.jpg

mon16.jpg

mon17.jpg

mon15.jpg

A time capsule!

E56 = 360 cid 4 bbl engine
D34 = Transmission TorqueFlite Automatic, 3-Speed
DH46 = Dodge Monaco Custom, 3 Seat Station Wagon
J4D = 360-4 engine, 1974 model year, Belvidere assembly
226622 = [not so] Sequential Production Number
HL4 = Body Color Parchment
V2Y3 = Vinyl Bench Seat, Gold
KY4 = Upper Door Frames Golden Fawn
523 = Scheduled Production Date May 23, 1974
T78455 = CLC Lease Car/Direct Leasing <MMC Detroit VEHICLE ORDER NUMBER (V.O.N.)>
HL4 = Roof Color Parchment
U = US Market
G11 = Glass, Tinted, All Windows
H51 = Air Conditioning - Manual Controls
L21 = Cargo Compartment Light
M15 = Bright Upper Door Frames
M91 = Luggage Rack, Roof
N95 = Emission Control System and Testing [aka California Emissions]
V5X = Molding Body Side w/Vinyl Insert, Black

GLWS of DH46J4D226622 ! Do I see correctly that the master cylinder and muffler are new? Great if they are.

GLWS of DH46J4D226622 ! Do I see correctly that the master cylinder and muffler are new? Great if they are.
Yes, master cylinder, front brake rotors, pads, muffler, heater control valve and transmission is freshly rebuilt. Needs a few things like turn signal switch. They work but you have to hold the level in place, a few oil drips but overall ready to drive anywhere!

Yes, master cylinder, front brake rotors, pads, muffler, heater control valve and transmission is freshly rebuilt. Needs a few things like turn signal switch. They work but you have to hold the level in place, a few oil drips but overall ready to drive anywhere!
And I forgot to mention the fuel sending unit is new also.

I was driving it around on Friday and it developed a hard starting when warm problem. Carburetor has a case of VD (Venturi Drip) So it will also have a rebuilt Carb. My rebuild guy will have it done by Tuesday he says.

Last edited by a moderator:
New price: $10500 OBO.
Chris, I really like this, my Uncle had the almost identical car, in dk green, 440 and the split seats, bought new in '74 but traded on a Volare (!!) in '77 because my Aunt thought it was too big and it got 10 mpg during those gas shortage days :-(.
I'm going to put my nr mint '69 Cutlass Holiday Sedan from rust free OK up for sale ands see what happens.

Seems like most '70s cars suffered from that deteriorating & crumbling of hard molded plastic interior panels due to sun exposure, does anyone know a way to resurface it? SEM makes an excellent spray to duplicate the color but it has to be put over a good surface.

BTW their other car at the time was a gold '73 Polara 4 dr hardtop 318 with dk green vinyl interior, they kept that one for some years and it was eventually handed down to my cousin, of course I really liked that one too. They were the only family members who ever had Mopars.

Yeah Roger the panels have a chalkiness on top but are solid underneath. You should be able to sand it off and refinish them. I will see if I can try a small area and see.
mon23.jpg
mon24.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back