For Sale 300 Convertible for sale in Long Island (EB7 blue, nice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. This car, at first pass, looks like a clean-bodied 300 'vert; it is for sale on CL (listed at $22k but negotiable). The blue/white buckets & console/ white top combo is one of my favorites. I have posted the tag in the Last Convertibles thread.

Among the things I'd like are (i) to see are photos of the underside, the passenger side, and the rear quarter bottoms, (ii) to get a better explanation of the top-end rebuild, and (iii) to know what works and what does not.

Edit: I see a missing seat hinge cover on the driver's bucket; it can be obtained from ABC Moparts, as well as the necessary bracket.

00J0J_jXIVe49EFEr_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_c8rUxjCEsCK_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_5YC8BeEnAWj_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_7545DMYzaRA_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_7Lz4rO3CZ6b_1200x900.jpg

00707_dpv2utBdkjK_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_kYjFJoRYPdv_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_jw3EdXJ0myg_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_9CNAn149SaT_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_ahbUyVKgSYd_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car. Sharp looking.

Look at the picture of the cylinder head. Don’t do what he did. Don’t spray into the ports and get paint on the valve stems, it can gum up the guides. Also the valve springs and seals don’t need paint inside either, it will come off. Spend the 2 minutes per head and cover theses things before the rattle can hits it. Why chance it?

The radiator is a great place for your hammer and tools. NOT!

Last edited:
Agreed. When rebuilding heads, the first thing that you do after disassembly is wash and bead blast them. With the exterior sides being dirty, plus the overspray, it doesn't appear that a standard of care was taken. I wouldn't have faith in the head gasket either.

Nice car. Sharp looking.

Look at the picture of the cylinder head. Don’t do what he did. Don’t spray into the ports and get paint on the valve stems, it can gum up the guides. Also the valve springs and seals don’t need paint inside either, it will come off. Spend the 2 minutes per head and cover theses things before the rattle can hits it. Why chance it?

Yeah. . . Too bad this engine has been diddled by someone who is pretty sloppy in their work. Also, where is the radiator shroud? And the radiator looks to be in need of a major cleaning. I wonder what else on the car this guy has touched. . .

I have been told that the rear fender wells were painted body color. These are not. Is that a flag? There is no picture of the fender tag, so who knows if this color is factory or not?

Here's my inner fender wells, painted the original color of the car:

IMG_1477.JPG

I personally feel bump strips down the sides of these cars ruin the clean looks of them, and the pin stripes are incorrect too. They should go down the full length of the body. Most guys after a repaint seem to make them follow the body line and curve up to the rear side glass and stop. The Chrysler stylists knew better and the factory pin stripes complement the body line, not copy it. Without changing those two items and fixing some of the other things mentioned, I could never enjoy this car - it would always bug me.

This car was already discussed in an earlier thread. Now has additional pictures of the engine and engine bay, though. Also the price is again reduced (asking originally $ 34k). Still, flaws remain.

Nice looking car, with a few faults that look like they could be fixed pretty easily. I would be concerned about the quality of the vendor’s ”engine rebuild”, though. That alone drops the value on this one, to me.

BTW, it looks like it’s a drum brake car. No B41 in the fender tag. Another no-go.

Agreed. When you see things like the paint issue, a carpenters hammer and flex rad hose so prominently displayed somehow that doesn't instil confidence in the mechanical work or jive with the premium asking price.

There's another thread on this one with a lot more commentary on flaws not noted here.
They cyl head work wasn't pictured in that one, though.

Based on surrounding 'craftsmanship', I shudder to think what that new head gasket will be sealing against.

The other thread (closed now) is here. As of this morning, the asking price for CM27T0C1690137 is down to $20k. One extra photo of the engine work for records:

00I0I_flkIkxIhC2j_1200x900.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back