65 Sport Fury BB oil pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several big block oil pans and should be able to fix you up PM me

Commando1,
Thanks, I'll look into it.
BRAD
If you can score the OEM one, do it.
But it HAS to be the one with the notch in the sump area. It has to have "971" stamped on it.
Sometimes the Milodon won't let the idler arm clear on the 65's...

Last edited:
I may be wrong here and I apologise if I am but I think the 971 pan is for big block 1973 or 74+ and very difficult to find now as its meant to clear the ISO Kmember in a BBody.

Here is a page which lists the pans for each year and application but I cannot attest to it's accuaracy.

http://www.440source.com/oilpans.htm

If you can score the OEM one, do it.
But it HAS to be the one with the notch in the sump area. It has to have "971" stamped on it.
Sometimes the Milodon won't let the idler arm clear on the 65's...

I may be wrong here and I apologise if I am but I think the 971 pan is for big block 1973 or 74+ and very difficult to find now as its meant to clear the ISO Kmember in a BBody.

Here is a page which lists the pans for each year and application but I cannot attest to it's accuaracy.

http://www.440source.com/oilpans.htm
My bad. My very, very bad.
A 933 will fit (from experience - I had a BB 66 Fury) and that was what I meant to say.
(I had my present 971 too firmly ingrained in my brain)

Last edited:
My bad. My very, very bad.
A 933 will fit (from experience - I had a BB 66 Fury) and that was what I meant to say.
(I had my present 971 too firmly ingrained in my brain)

The 971's are tough to find. last year I was looking for one for my 74 Charger, I found one in ok shape just had a small tear at the edge where the drain plug is (typical when someone jacks on the oil pan without a block of wood) and had to braze inside and out to seal it up again. I had an awesome 187 pan ready too that didnt work... ask me how I know and how much I swore! hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back