'66 300 8 3/4 diff seals

Ffranzwa

Reaction score
Hi everyone. It's time to tackle the nasty job of axle seals, as well as a pinion seal. With all of the cheap China crap, I'm looking for advice on quality seals, as well as any tricks or pitfalls to avoid. As always, thanks to all who contribute.

Your best bet would be a Napa store in your area. But you got a 50/50 chance that they will be made in china.
Most are made of rubber. Back then OE's were sometimes leather. See if you can get a major brand.
Chicago Rawhide is a name that comes to mind but I think I'm showing my age. SKF is most likely.
Timken and National too.

Last edited:
Your best bet would be a Napa store in your area. But you got a 50/50 chance that they will be made in china.
Most are made of rubber. Back then OE's were sometimes leather. See if you can get a major brand.
Chicago Rawhide is a name that comes to mind but I think I'm showing my age. SKF is most likely.
Timken and National too.
Thank you for the reply! I wish that OE quality parts were still available. I'd rather pay more for parts, especially the ones that are hard to replace.

Back