68 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan rear springs ?

Douglas

Reaction score
68 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan rear springs ? so my 68 NewYorker Sedan sits just slightly lower in the back. it has 5 leaf leaf springs its all original equipment. hate to use a shakel kit to raise it up got a bead on 7 leaf springs used. Or where are you getting leaf springs from now ? i would think this should give it some lift. im not to keen on putting 70's on the front and 75's on the back just ot help with leveling out the ride. as i would prefer to have all tires the same front and back. not looking to drop the front end any as i like the front height where it is. any input here please.

Not knowing what the 7 leaf sets cam out of they may pop the back end too far up. You could maybe pull one of the springs out 7 pack sets and add it to your factory springs.

Two things I wouldn't do are rearching the springs or air shocks. Rearching doesn't last. Air shocks sends the bangs of the bumps to the shock mounts instead of letting the springs take up the bangs.

Many of the guys get their springs from ESPO's springs and things. If you go this route they will make them stock height, plus and inch, or plus two inches.

2016 video '68 300 adding rear leafs

I'm not sure how many leafs in total ended up on that car - maybe 8? Rear shocks over-extended maybe?

Anyone from FCBO post any comments to it?

68 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan rear springs ? so my 68 NewYorker Sedan sits just slightly lower in the back. it has 5 leaf leaf springs its all original equipment. hate to use a shakel kit to raise it up got a bead on 7 leaf springs used. Or where are you getting leaf springs from now ? i would think this should give it some lift. im not to keen on putting 70's on the front and 75's on the back just ot help with leveling out the ride. as i would prefer to have all tires the same front and back. not looking to drop the front end any as i like the front height where it is. any input here please.
Call ESPO and tell them what you want. You can get new leaf springs in stock height or raised 1" or 2". https://www.springsnthings.com/

Chances are your springs have sagged, so you may want to consider stock height.

Extended shackles do NOT work on Chrysler products, with their longer leaf sections. On a GM car with a more-centered on the leaf leaf springs, they do work. All they do on a Chrysler product is deform the rear of the leaf downward with maybe .25" raise in the rear of the body.

Seems like the factory HD rr springs were 6.5 leaves on the rh side, and 6 leaves on the lh side?

CBODY67

I got stock ride height new rear springs on my '68 300 and I wish I'd got slightly above stock ride height. 1/2" above stock would probably be OK, but not more than 1".

Yes… some pics would be great if you can. I too have a ‘68 300 with a saggy back side.

Actually my brother is doing it. He's on this forum as well and he's posted some questions about paint and bodywork and so-forth.

Back