69 Chrysler 300 going for a cruize FINALLY

Aussie 69"

Reaction score
Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia
Hey All,
Finally went for a ride in the 300' all fixed had the auto sparky go over the whole car this guy is great had the hide away headlight problem fixed in 10 minutes! The rest took 14 hours? The car sits nice and drives so nice I am amazed, but we have ordered a full new suspension kit and will be installing over the break also doing new shockers.

Have also just bought a 58 Desoto Firedome with original paint and its straight but who knows what we will find. The previous owner has had the engine, transmission and differential completely rebuilt to spec so I am going to drive it back from Broken Hill in New South Wales to Murray Bridge in South Australia about a 7 hour drive.

Have put some photos up of the 300 will add photos of the Desoto when she gets home.

20151218_095311.jpg

20151218_095321.jpg

20151218_095331.jpg

20151218_095342.jpg

Ya gotta love the first year fusey convertibles. The 300 is at the top of the heap.
Just follow the washer hoses and mount the nozzles where they end.... Just kidding.
I'll shoot a picture of where my "squirters" are mounted and post it for you.

"had the hide away headlight problem fixed in 10 minutes!"

What was the problem and what was the fix? My 70 300 doirs open but don't close

Very nice. Will you be entering it at the All American Day next year?

Gorgeous, love the color!

Beautiful car and colour, that is the platinum silver right? I was going to paint my 70 newport convertible that shade but decided on a light silver with a blue to it, sort of like "blue steel". Enjoy your road trip in the Desoto, I find it interesting that you are picking it up in Broken hill. Being a Mad Max nut I know that was where the second film "Road warrior" was filmed, some gorgeous scenery to be taken in.

Hi Guys,

The colour is actually the light mint green a standard factory colour but always shows up as light blue in a photo, any way we got it in last Feb from the States and today my wife finally gets a ride to a party and back. Will take a few photos of the ride, will be entering it at All American Day in Adelaide next.

Hi Dabolvr, He said people get confused on how they work, in the relay there are actually 2 coils, one to open and one to close. Mine did the same as yours would open but not close. Now they do it all straight away. I will ask him to post a fix for everyone on this site.

You must be on cloud 9, thanks for sharing some cruise photos. If I think about it I can picture the factory mint green, but your right they all look light blue really.

Love the 69 300, you must get complements every time you stop the car.

It was the talk of our town last night, the Christmas party ended up around the car even had to take a few of the Christmas elves for a ride.
The BBQ was great the beer freezing cold ( its red hot here at the mo about 44 degrees C ) and the cat stole the show!

Back