69 chrysler 300 tail lamps

jymy

Reaction score
My 69 chrysler 300 is having two kinds of tail lamps. The ones which are nearest the center section are having only one button light socket and other are having two. I suppose those one button lights are brighter than the others so there is no brake/turn signal lights in these center ones? Is that the original set up or has someone of the previous owners modified the lamps?

I believe it's the original set up since my 300 has the same thing.

I use lower amp bulbs in the center to keep them as bright as the others...

My 69 chrysler 300 is having two kinds of tail lamps. The ones which are nearest the center section are having only one button light socket and other are having two.QUOTE]

That is how they are suppost to be. Brake & turn sig work with two bulbs per side, running lights have three.
All six bulbs should all maintain the same brightness when in "running light" mode and the brake&turn elements will brighten when activated. If they do not then the 1157 bulb(s) are installed backwards or there is a ground issue.
I always paint the inside of my light housings with "chrome silver" spray paint to brighten them up, including front and rear back up housings.

Back