Build sheet

Come take a look

Clean title in hand.

p_7ac01d3fbc072263e550a0747f7b4b39.jpg
p_898d6d872197fc4625e5ac202703cace.jpg
p_f8ba6dc1c53b792866edbd8a9330840d.jpg
p_26d7e146c16f7d7023936538a80f3a35.jpg
p_28decf74d2a379c0525ae31b4e34d4ee.jpg

Has interest in these fuselage Imperials tanked?, some have been advertised for many weeks.

Has interest in these fuselage Imperials tanked?, some have been advertised for many weeks.
The economy is causing this.
Lots and lots of ebodies listed for sale that are still sitting in their garages.

Location definitely hurts that sale.
If it were black I would have headed there already.

The economy is causing this.
Lots and lots of ebodies listed for sale that are still sitting in their garages.

Yes it is. I've been saying for about a year prices are coming down. Asking prices and getting prices.
We definitely peaked, at least for a while.

I have quite a few cars bookmarked between FB, Offer Up and Craigslist just to see what the market is doing. From what I see it's not doing much. Project cars are being advertised for months with no sales and nicer cars are not selling until after multiple price reductions. It's getting harder for the average car guy to find the extra money for toys with the cost of living so high. Then if you factor in the price of a restoration and even finding someone who is willing and able to do it if you aren't doing it all yourself. The financials do take a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

respectfully i dont offer this for debate in this thread. :)

just an idea with data for anyone interested to nerd out on. and, kinda what we all can see as of late. dated april 2024.

summary excerpt below with data to back it in the article (about a 15 minute read to study & absorb):

"The market’s continued slide is evident in auction results as measured against estimates (which is not an input for the Hagerty Market Rating). In March’s Florida auctions, 68 percent of lots were bid below their low estimates, which was significantly higher than the 60 percent for the same set of events in 2023.

As one industry expert noted, this growing gap indicates values are falling, as sellers’ aspirations are not adjusting quick enough to buyers’ dwindling willingness to pay.

That said, our industry experts aren’t running for the hills, giving the current classic car market an average grade of 50—neither great nor devastating."

source: The Collector Car Market Continues Its Slow Retreat - Hagerty Media

It would be nice if house prices came down, by a lot. Not sure what the market is doing over there, but here it's beyond ridiculous, this little shoe box of a house is in a rough area, and yet these are the asking prices: https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+north-145285420
Wow! According to my math that house is only about 800 sq. ft. That is a lot of money for not a lot of house. In the Phoenix area you'd get around double the square feet for the same price. Still too high but not as bad. I'm sure glad I bought my house 34 years ago!

Wow! According to my math that house is only about 800 sq. ft. That is a lot of money for not a lot of house. In the Phoenix area you'd get around double the square feet for the same price. Still too high but not as bad. I'm sure glad I bought my house 34 years ago!
Yep, house prices have gone up by a huge margin in the last three years, anywhere from 100% to 300%, food prices have doubled, but wages have hardly moved. Car prices here are still very high, $10K for a rusted out old wreck needing everything is common place, triple that for the old 2-door Fords, Holdens and some Valiants, unless it's an R/T (Valiant) Charger, GT Falcon or HT/HG/HK Monaro, then you're looking at $100K+ for a wreck. This is the land of the rip-off merchants.

In general, Colorado house prices are out of control.
Californian's selling their small crap in that state and are moving here and buying bigger.
They are making the prices of the mountains rise by a lot!
And a LOT of natives are moving to the South.
My little town has lost more than half of it's mechanics.
Builders are moving even though there is a lot of building still going on.
Restaurants are closing everywhere.
More houses on the market than last year. But not more sales. Cheapest thing on the market in my county is 650K for one side of a town home.
I build custom homes so I really watch the housing market. About a year into covid the sq.ft. price went from 185 per sq ft to about 420 per sq ft. Prices have softened a little bit but not enough for youngins by any means. Our housing market has become available for those who have large bank accounts.
Not to mention, Electric prices are way up, gas is way up (not just elevation) , propane/natural gas is much higher than 4 years ago, Food is ridiculous, eating out is a minimum of 60 bucks for regular chinese food. And to add to all this, Property taxes in Colorado have sky rocketed by at least double a few years ago.

Not a rant, just a paragraph of truth.

Bisman on line.
Have to register to send an offer or an amount.
Would like more details on the car, trim tag, BS. etc. etc.

Back