78 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Lowery

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to buy for my 78 Newport

P/N 3799442: Wiper motor pivot arm and bushing as Chrysler sold it. If you only have the plastic bushing, it is stamped with P/N 3799183. Yeah...I know, these parts are NLA but someone might have 100 of them sitting on a self somewhere! Hahahaha! I guess it worth a try since you never know.

P/N 6001798: Front turn signal lens. Actually the lenses on the car are in excellent condition but the little verticle chrome strip fell off of one. So if you have a damaged lens with the chrome strip, it will be fine or a complete one with chrome strip will work as well.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any help! Am I wrong to think that MOPAR = NLA on older cars???

Can't help you. wood like to see some pics of your car.
i put some of my one on the other thread as don't know how to e mail them.

I have the pieces pictured but they are from a 1975 Chrysler Newport. I have no idea of the interchangeability and will check for numbers later and post em here too;

366433k_20.jpg

8305hnb_20.jpg

I'll PM the OP about the bushings but the number on mine dont match his. The only number I found was on the plastic ring on the bottom and it is 430-281.

Photo0993.jpg

Photo0994.jpg

Hi Kernal: I would be interested in the crank arm with the parts. My key-way is different and not sure if I can get it to work. Please let me know how much you want for it + shipping. Thanks, Jim

Sorry I didnt get back too you right away Jim.

As you said the keyway is different for yours, this ones from a 75. I've actually decided to wait until I get my 74 out out of storage in the spring I'm going to see if this one matches and if it does I'll be holding onto it for when mine disinigrates. I have already replaced the link bushings but hadnt checked on this piece when I was in there last spring.

Hi Kernal: Thanks for the reply. There is a parts replacement kit for the pivot arm for all the pirces that are shown in the picture. You can order P/N 3879325 from various sources from 30 to 40 dollars. I am pretty sure that you can use this earlier pivot arm on the 78 system. The only difference for the 78 is that the key-way has a slight angle cut in one corner and pin is a bit taller so can use the lock-clip. I really could use this part since the wipers on my Newport still don't work right. Would you be willing to sell me the part??? Please let me know. Thanks.

I'd sell the pair. How about $30 for them?

Ooops, forgot plus shipping

Received your PM's. I'll absolutely buy the arms, just let know what the total is and how to pay you for them. Thank You!!!!

FYI, I'm going to Green Bay on the 24th to see the Packers play at Lambeau. I'll be back home in Maryland by the 1st of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back