sweatnblood

Reaction score
So I have a 65 fury with the posi sure grip 3.55 gear and I'm looking to chance to a taller gear...like a 291? sorry guys I know the chevy side of gears but still learning the dodge side...so my question is do you guys think it's going to be cheaper looking for a pumpkin with something close to the gear or just changing out mine...the only quote I got so far is 600ish to do the job drive in drive out...thoughts...

The 3.55 gear ratio is highly desirable and i bet there would be a few people out there that would be prepared to do a straight swap with you with a 2.91 sure grip for you, give it a go it cant hurt to see who makes an offer.

I was going to suggest what Wolfen did.

I don't blame you for wanting to ditch those gears, they are okay if you live less than 30 mile from dragstrip and you run the car alot. No drag strip time sell those gears to one of the sheep that thinks they are going to run really good because they picked up 3/10 ths of a driveshaft turn per wheel rev over3.23 NOT. Reving 3800 or maybe 3600 with 15 inch wheels at 75mph not my idea of smooth cruising, put a set of 2.94 in that way you won't have to turn over 4000 to get away from soccer mom on the phone wielding a 6000lbs. Battering ram/ SUV. Just change the whole center there are tons of 2.94s out there you probably don't even need a sure grip unless you into doing smoky burn outs.

well I have the 489 rear so that's good, I have to see if it's a 10 or 27 spline and I have a line on some 2.76 so we'll see how this turns out...if I did the calculation right then it should drop my RPM's @ 70 from 3K to 2200 or close to it...so long trips won't kill my pocket as much :>):3gears:

Back