NOT MINE A couple of M-bodies with potential

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My head dances constantly with Sleeper cars. This is one of them if you had stupid throw away money.

Screenshot_20240625-174132.png

I have had a couple police detective Diplomat/ Caravelle/ Furys. I really enjoyed those cars, one of the detective cars got a Lil Red Express transplant. I was offered too good to pass up money and off it went.

Check frame by mini ox cars, heat by the rail right there kills any paint make the rail sweat in all kinds of weather conditions, causing rot at the kick up.
Dealing with this on that damn imperial I bought. Now more work to section in some 2x3 for repair.

I have had a couple police detective Diplomat/ Caravelle/ Furys. I really enjoyed those cars, one of the detective cars got a Lil Red Express transplant. I was offered too good to pass up money and off it went.
Was it a transplant, or a factory E58? I know the 360 was available in M Bodies not heading to California.

Was it a transplant, or a factory E58? I know the 360 was available in M Bodies not heading to California.
I owned a really nice running Lil Red and the Plymouth M, I removed the 318 and installed the 360. I also found an NOS Road Runner exhaust that fit the M perfect. The car was plenty of fun.

I’ve got this one listed and it couldn’t be any cleaner. There’s no rust issues at all but it likely needs some engine work or even better a 360.
$5750 would take it. It doesn’t need any body work or interior work.
IMG_6966.jpeg

Mini oxygen catalytic converters. Damn auto correct.
Most of those cars have the 2 little cats right off exhaust manifolds and larger regular one underneath pass seat.
In the rust belt they made that frame section rust from inside out because of extra heat so close to the rail.
Sorry, bad proof reading.

I owned a really nice running Lil Red and the Plymouth M, I removed the 318 and installed the 360. I also found an NOS Road Runner exhaust that fit the M perfect. The car was plenty of fun.
I lived in the little town of Downieville CA from 1987-1991. The house next door to me was sold and bought by a man from Nebraska. He came with one of my favorite cars, the '81 Chrysler Wagon! I LOVE those. As I was talking with him, he told me it had the 360. ??? I was shocked! That's when I looked it up and learned that such a car, while available, was not available California. Smog Nazis!!

Most of those cars have the 2 little cats right off exhaust manifolds and larger regular one underneath pass seat.
I had those "pre-cats" on my '79 360 Cordoba. When I had the exhaust replaced my Exhaust man removed those and put a Supercat under the car. It ran great and added one MPG to the car. :D

However, here is Smog Naziville, cars 1976 and newer must pass a visual check as well as an emissions check. I was so worried when I had the next test. The car ran extremely clean! BUT!! Then came the mirror. I was almost trembling as he looked under the motor at the exhaust manifold. He didn't know what was missing and passed the car!! Whew!! He missed thef act that the heat riser was gone too. The valve was still there, and moved, but there was nothing on the inside except a nut that held the valve in place.

This was the same guy who told me he would fail the car if I drove in with dual exhaust, stating they didn't come that was from the factory. I told him how I can show it to him in a factory service manual. He looked at me, stammered a bit, and said, "I'd still fail it." Idiot! The '79 300 had duals.

I’ve got this one listed and it couldn’t be any cleaner. There’s no rust issues at all but it likely needs some engine work or even better a 360.
$5750 would take it. It doesn’t need any body work or interior work.View attachment 668234
Oh boy. Now you got me thinking. Was it a police pkg?

I had those "pre-cats" on my '79 360 Cordoba. When I had the exhaust replaced my Exhaust man removed those and put a Supercat under the car. It ran great and added one MPG to the car. :D

However, here is Smog Naziville, cars 1976 and newer must pass a visual check as well as an emissions check. I was so worried when I had the next test. The car ran extremely clean! BUT!! Then came the mirror. I was almost trembling as he looked under the motor at the exhaust manifold. He didn't know what was missing and passed the car!! Whew!! He missed thef act that the heat riser was gone too. The valve was still there, and moved, but there was nothing on the inside except a nut that held the valve in place.

This was the same guy who told me he would fail the car if I drove in with dual exhaust, stating they didn't come that was from the factory. I told him how I can show it to him in a factory service manual. He looked at me, stammered a bit, and said, "I'd still fail it." Idiot! The '79 300 had duals.
My Imperial will lose all that, nice blended Y pipe and 2 1/2 single, might drop to 2 1/4 after muffler. Gas tank sits off towards drivers side so dual exhaust would be more/too complicated for a stock 318.

My Imperial will lose all that, nice blended Y pipe and 2 1/2 single, might drop to 2 1/4 after muffler. Gas tank sits off towards drivers side so dual exhaust would be more/too complicated for a stock 318.
Have fun! The exhaust on my Cordoba remained single, but John Clay of Bakersfield did a great job!

Back