For Sale All Original 67 Chrysler 300 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfire

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have for sale an all original running, driving 67 chrysler 300 4 door cruiser. It is a project that needs a little work. Only 8700 made. Its a cool looking car. Has original owners manual and dealer sticker. I wanted to gangster it out by painting it black, with some fat white wall tires on air ride suspension. I have too many projects and would like to finish others first. It has NO rust! Been California/Nevada car all its life. The only bodywork needed is the drivers side pass door has a dent and the lower rear quarter needs some massaging. Other than those 2 areas, this car is straight. It has all the door panels and components along with the rear fender skirts as well. It does run, but needs a tune up and maybe a carb rebuild. Has new starter and shocks, also new brakes. Its a 67 luxury car with power windows, locks, seat, steering, brakes. Has all the a/c parts. Original 440 4 barrel motor with 112,000 miles. It is an automatic with the 727 torqueflite tranny. It drives, but has no reverse. Interior needs a headliner. White interior. Restore this and have a unique ride! I have or can get more pics of any areas needed. $2000 or trade for a built 440 motor, no junk out of a motorhome. I just can't part it out, or use the engine for a donor. I got an *** chewin' for even thinking it!! Dayton is 13 miles east of Carson City. Some of you commented on my post about wanting to use it as a donor for my GTX. Here it is! Just to let everyone know, I paid $2000 for it just this weekend.

Thank you for posting your car on FCBO. We appreciate these kind of nice cars more than any other online avenue for selling C-bodies.

Posted via Topify on Android

FYI, the reverse problem is most likely a broken low/reverse band. Quite common and fixable with the trans out of the car.

Okaaaay, SOMEBODY better step up now after the FBBO grilling. Just saying.

Oh, and thanks jayfire for the C body consideration of this classic.

I would bet reverse is out due to band being so loose the strut fell out. One question about "motor home junk" other than the late cast cranks which are not bad they just get egg shaped rod journals after 100,000 of lugging a MH around. I put one in a Challenger that should run high 13s on 87 gas and 3.55 through the mufflers, only thing I did was change the crank to steel because of the 4 speed. Just curious of the hatred toward a good building block.

I would bet reverse is out due to band being so loose the strut fell out.

That happens too.... Drop the pan and if the strut is the only thing in the pan, put it back. I've never been that lucky.

There is usually abuse prior to this. I have seen a really high idle,choke, back and forth knock it out.

I loved those 300 one year only taillights.

2390 miles with no reverse hmmmmmm. Doable.

Nice solid looking car. Glad to hear you aren't parting it out. too nice for that.

I would bet reverse is out due to band being so loose the strut fell out. One question about "motor home junk" other than the late cast cranks which are not bad they just get egg shaped rod journals after 100,000 of lugging a MH around. I put one in a Challenger that should run high 13s on 87 gas and 3.55 through the mufflers, only thing I did was change the crank to steel because of the 4 speed. Just curious of the hatred toward a good building block.
No hatred towards them being built. I just don't want a stock running low compression motor someone just pulled out of a motorhome. If I was going to build one, I would use it and put a steel crank, but I don't want to build one. Just want to stuff it in my car and go! Does anyone think I overpaid for this car? There's not much for picking around my area for a running 440. Thanks

That happens too.... Drop the pan and if the strut is the only thing in the pan, put it back. I've never been that lucky.
I bought this from the second owner. He said everything worked when parked years ago. Now no reverse. I will check the pan when I get a chance. Thanks

Honestly, if you were considerably closer, I would trade you a rebuilt '69 440 with zero miles, built in 2002 locally, and some other 440 items. But 1,500 miles and change is putting a crimp in that idea!

I'm glad to see you offering that up here on the "C" forum, good on ya! Hopefully, someone close might have a 440 to trade with you.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great looking car with lots of potential. I would say you did not overpay for it taking into consideration how solid it is.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............ :welcome:

Thanks for saving that car and also for posting it here. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

There is a 78 Dodge cube van with a 440 near me. The owner bought the truck as a storage shed and would sell the complete 440 for $400.00 ... maybe less. But there's the distance and shipping problem. It's in Alabama.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............ :welcome:

Thanks for saving that car and also for posting it here. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

There is a 78 Dodge cube van with a 440 near me. The owner bought the truck as a storage shed and would sell the complete 440 for $400.00 ... maybe less. But there's the distance and shipping problem. It's in Alabama.
Thanks. I found one close to me like that, but I have to take everything with it. I don't want to deal with other peoples junk to get an engine.

I maybe willing to work on the price a little to help with shipping if someone buys it soon. Already had a few "demo derby" people ask about it. I told them no!! I moved it back to the back yard for safe keeping.

Jayfire, are all of the interior panels with the car? I saw the pic of the front door panels in the trunk, but wasn't sure if everything else was there. PS, PB, A/C, power windows? Ticking off all the boxes I'm looking for, I'm just not quite in the market yet. But please keep it away from the derby boys. That's too nice of a starting point to just ram into stuff for no reason!!

Jayfire, are all of the interior panels with the car? I saw the pic of the front door panels in the trunk, but wasn't sure if everything else was there. PS, PB, A/C, power windows? Ticking off all the boxes I'm looking for, I'm just not quite in the market yet. But please keep it away from the derby boys. That's too nice of a starting point to just ram into stuff for no reason!!
Yes, all the panels front and back are there. Yes on power steering, brakes, a/c, power seat. Second owner has had it since 1984!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back