(Another) 383 2 bbl to 4 bbl conversion thread, anyone got a parts list?

edbods

Reaction score
Wanting to replace what I'm fairly certain is the stock 2 barrel carby on my 67 Phoenix's/Fury's 383, with a 4 barrel one, the 650 cfm AVS2 (#1906) to be specific. I've got a buddy that's happy to sell his old edelbrock performer intake, but is there a list of other small parts I'll need? Will the stock single snorkel air cleaner suffice? Anything regarding the throttle and kickdown linkages? Will I need the throttle lever adapter #1481?

I neglected to get a good pic of the carb or any identifying info, numbers etc. on it before we buttoned it back up, but if it helps, I do know that it's got a thermostatic choke on it and that it's mounted to the stock 383 2 barrel intake (has the chrysler logo cast on it). Appreciate any help on this.

couple things to check...I have a Performer 440 and it's 5/8 inch taller than a stock manifold...so cable position is too low... the arm on 2bbl linkage is longer to get the cable end closer to the smaller 2bbl...so you should be able to bend it upwards to get something that will line up and work better than the actual 4bbl bracket...my Performer also happens to be a spread bore and required an adapter plate (#2732)to mount a Holley on it ...idk if an avs2 is available as a spread bore or if its a square bore carb...usually the throat is smaller on a 2bbl than a 4bbl and will require a different air cleaner ...the increased height of the manifold may cause issues between the air cleaner and hood insulation as well

Back