Body Bolt Kit.

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a complete Body Bolt Kit available made for a 1965 Plymouth Fury and if so, who a vendor may be. In the process of reassembling an off frame restoration and not only easier with a kit plus having all new bolts. Thanks.

I'm not trying to be an A** here, but you do realize the 65 Plymouth does not have a frame. It is a unibody car. Has a front stub but that is all.

I'm not trying to be an A** here, but you do realize the 65 Plymouth does not have a frame. It is a unibody car. Has a front stub but that is all.
Not trying to be an A__ but daaahhh! Key word was “body!”

I always love it when people need to get on their high hose and correct people for saying "frame off" or the like when referring to their restoration of a unitized body.

Unitized bodies are not frameless, the frame is integral with the body hence the term unitized.
Yes the car has a stub frame, or maybe a k-member on other Mopars, small as it may be it is a frame.

Terms that get used when referring to a thorough restoration are most commonly "frame off restoration" probably because people were restoring cars with removable frames long before unitized bodies. Next up would be a "rotisserie restoration" generally implying the car was put on a rotisserie. But probably more accurate for most would be a "nut and bolt restoration", but I'm sure the internet police would have something to say about that.

What I have to say is WHO FLIPPIN CARES!

I'm going back to working on the posi rear for my tri-powered step-side Dodge truck.

Alan

What can I say. The second sentence reads "off frame restoration".
I was not trying to be a know it all or offensive. Just wanted to make sure you were aware the body and frame do not come apart.
Some people do not realize that.
With that, I will refrain from further comment.
Good luck with your project.

I always love it when people need to get on their high hose and correct people for saying "frame off" or the like when referring to their restoration of a unitized body.

Unitized bodies are not frameless, the frame is integral with the body hence the term unitized.
Yes the car has a stub frame, or maybe a k-member on other Mopars, small as it may be it is a frame.

Terms that get used when referring to a thorough restoration are most commonly "frame off restoration" probably because people were restoring cars with removable frames long before unitized bodies. Next up would be a "rotisserie restoration" generally implying the car was put on a rotisserie. But probably more accurate for most would be a "nut and bolt restoration", but I'm sure the internet police would have something to say about that.

What I have to say is WHO FLIPPIN CARES!

I'm going back to working on the posi rear for my tri-powered step-side Dodge truck.

Alan
Thank you. Very nicely said!

Back