Bucket wheel excavator model kit for sale

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Listing here for more views,lol. Mods please move to proper category if you feel the need. I am selling the model kit pictured. It is very minimally partially built. Box has some water damage but parts and instructions are perfectly fine. Some of these are listed on Ebay and all are about$120 or higher whether new, used,or parts. Mine is an original first release with the red box. I may have to ship separately as the part already built may not fit in the box, have not tried yet. I'll just start with a throw it out there price....$80.00 but by all means feel free to make an offer. Thanks.

model kit 1.JPG

model kit 2.JPG

model kit 3.JPG

model kit 4.JPG

model kit 5.JPG

model kit 6.JPG

model kit 7.JPG

model kit 8.JPG

model kit 9.JPG

I didn’t realize they made models of these. Pretty awesome machines, for anyone who doesn’t know what these machines are you should google it. If I was into models I would definitely buy this and build it. This would be a great conversation piece.

I worked on one of these back in the mid 80's as a summer student at Syncrude Oil Sands Plant in Fort McMurray. They were something to see in operation along with the giant Drag Lines. I shoveled enough tarsand off these to last a lifetime but at 17 making $5000/month on shift work I didn't complain too much. The operator sat in a big comfy easy chair and the machine was basically on autopilot. They would transfer the sand from the windrows the Drag Lines made onto conveyors that shipped the sand into the extraction plant to wash the bitumen out and then off to the cokers where it was cracked down to the various hydrocarbons. The sand would end up on the other end white as any Caribbean beach and Syncrude would ship it out to Golf courses and Provincial Park beaches in the area. We had the nicest beaches on the lakes up there but the water was so damn cold you could only swim on the warmest of days.

Back