For Sale cadillac camper........

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1960 CADILLAC CAMPER
00W0W_hsZDbw5FURc_1200x900.jpg

Another hack job where it was sawed off at the B-piller so the seat has to be all the way forward with your chest against the wheel.
You see this on all the "-amino" attempts.

"These campers are very popular and fetch well over $20K restored."

The only way I see someone paying $20,000 is if there is at least $25,000 in the glovebox.

It's too far away for me, I don't have the spare cash right now or the place to put it.... Oh yeah, and I don't want it.

An old hearse or more likely ambulance. Now this would be the vehicle if they ever do another Christmas vacation movie.

If you really think about it, the conversion makes some sense.

Caddy hearses could be had pretty cheap, but still have a lot of good use left in them. They are usually well maintained and always clean. The frames and suspension on them are pretty beefy and should handle the load OK. It's going to ride and drive better than a converted pickup, because it's a Cadillac.

Laugh at it now, but it probably had some good times had in it. Not a restoration project for the faint of heart, but it would be cool to see it saved.

Front wheel drive Cadillac or Oldsmobiles seem even better suited; I think GM built RVs on the platform actually.

1970-oldsmobile-toronado-gt-rv-motorhome-003.jpg

Guys, these were NOT "homemade barn jobs", these were produced (on Cadillacs) on the commercial chassis (same as an ambulance). Sold through Cadillac and certain RV dealers back in the day from roughly 1954 through the late '60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back