For Sale Car tie down brackets for trailering your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Contact seller

I came across these on facebook and thought they were an awesome idea and solution for securing your vehicle onto your trailer. :eek:ccasion14:

Tie Down Brackets For Sale $40pr + $10 shipping in the U.S.

My Dad and I were growing tired of using an axle strap on the rear of our cars if they were trailered. It usually meant the brake line and/or shock would ultimately be in the way of the axle strap. The fuel tank would be in the way of the strap at times as well. So...we came up with this idea.
A very simple and effective way of strapping down your leaf spring-equipped Mopar with 3" axle tubes.
-Water-jet cut from hot rolled steel with the mounting holes slightly enlarged for easy u-bolt installation.
-Mounts easily between the leaf spring and shock mount.
-Works with factory leafs or CalTrac monoleafs.
-Works with CalTrac bars.

-When painted black, they are barely noticeable.
-Ideal for the leafspring-equipped racer, or the show car that does not want scratches or rubbing on the rear suspension components.
You can essentially have the rear of the car strapped down in seconds. In the case of an open trailer, you would not even have to get under the car. Just reach around the rear tire while standing alongside the trailer.
These come in bare metal. You can finish in any color you desire.
We are not a business, but simply enthusiasts that have found a more efficient way of safely strapping down our cars. We've had enough friends request a pair of their own that we have decided to have some extras made to sell to fellow enthusiasts.
$40pr + $10 shipping. (No credit cards accepted.)
Based out of the St. Louis, MO metro area.
Email wedge426@aol.com -or- acrrcr@aol.com to order. You can PM me on Facebook as well.
Thanks- Scott

·

To me that would put a lot of stress on the u bolts............ Also you would need to remove the nuts from the u bolts to install. Those are a pain............

These are for the track cars or maybe a trailer queen, not for the field/barn find.

I doubt these would stress the springs/u-bolts any more than doing a burnout.

Alan

Removing a rusty spring u bolt usually results in a broken U. Penetrating oil isn't always an option with time restrictions.
Extra nuts is an option I suppose

To me that would put a lot of stress on the u bolts............ Also you would need to remove the nuts from the u bolts to install. Those are a pain............

These were the only bolts besides the inner fender bolts that broke off on my whole Imperial...

I always figure on U-bolts being throw away items, especially old rusty ones. The blue tip wrench comes into play here.

Anyway... those tie downs are pretty cool and the price is right. Beats the short length of chain we had hanging from a long U-bolt back when we used chain binders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back