Carb fuel line connector

bvberserk

Reaction score
Hello,
was trying to pull TQ from my BB, but this nut seem to be super tight. I wonder if there are any pitfalls? Reverse thread maybe? It's getting round rapidly but still not moving. Left it soaking in atf for now..

1714086623438.png

It's a right hand thread.

Put the proper wrench on the fitting in the carb (7/8"?) and a flare nut wrench on the tube and it will loosen.

I have set of these flare nut wrenches, but this wrench still was stripping the nut.
1714249284193.png

I've also tried universal wrench, but it was either el-cheapo one, or nut is too small for proper grip - it was spinning too.

1714249323715.png

Vice grips and pipe wrench was the last method, since it's easy to destroy nut completely, so I used this one and finally was able to release it with light tapping.
1714249528414.png

I assume its main purpose is to crack loose different bleeders, but if "spread a bit wider" it is possible to squeeze a line inside of the wrench and use it in such situations.

1714249747488.png

I have set of these flare nut wrenches, but this wrench still was stripping the nut.
You have to work at getting a flare nut wrench to slip.

By any chance were you using a metric sized wrench?

That said, once you start rounding off the nut, the vise grips become your tool of choice.

Put some heat on it. Tap around the flare nut.
Probably tightened by some flat rate gorilla, so you have to outsmart a guy who is probably pushing up daisies.

Ummm.... That's on a carb...
Okay so heat, cool it with penetrating oil. Don't wave the flame around when you break line loose. Common sense should prevail, or Darwinism will succeed.
All better alternatives than grinding the corners off with vise grips, then complaining that a TQ is a POS carburetor.

Okay so heat, cool it with penetrating oil. Don't wave the flame around when you break line loose. Common sense should prevail, or Darwinism will succeed.
All better alternatives than grinding the corners off with vise grips, then complaining that a TQ is a POS carburetor.
Thank you mate, problem solved already with this wrench

1714288354433.png

Back