Deletion of posts, what's the point of doing this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy.. For sale ads are not for discussion and/or commentary. People can ask questions relating to the sale and you can answer. But comments like "that car is a beast" are not permitted. We want to keep the for sale ads clean.

I guess the Admin dept. has made new rules. No commenting on for sale ads. Even complementary ones.

Sorry Joey, that's bullshit and you know it! Your henchman is butchering everybody else's replies and not just in the 4 sale section either. You should read the **** people are talking about on other forums about what's going on here. Why do you think I don't come around anymore?
You're so funny you make my sides hurt from laughing!

I guess the Admin dept. has made new rules. No commenting on for sale ads. Even complementary ones.

Nope - that's been the rule since day one

It's in the rules: ATTENTION - FCBO Marketplace Rules

Its simple. It keeps the for sale ad clean. Free of arguments and just with the relevant information for someone who is interested in buying the item without having to sift through a bunch of other commentary.

What a joke mate honestly, you're killing the forum, this is not a military page mate...just ridiculous!!

Really?

Its simple. It keeps the for sale ad clean. Free of arguments and just with the relevant information for someone who is interested in buying the item without having to sift through a bunch of other commentary.

Really?
Yes mate, honestly go work on your car and stop censorship of people's comments, if people leave you only have yourself to blame, this place was an awesome source of knowledge and experience, people freely sharing information, you're just stomping all over that, once the people leave what do you have left??

Really?
Ok, then it was never enforced until now.

Yes mate, honestly go work on your car and stop censorship of people's comments, if people leave you only have yourself to blame, this place was an awesome source of knowledge and experience, people freely sharing information, you're just stomping all over that, once the people leave what do you have left??

Every site has rules. Nobody is stomping over anything. We just want the rules followed. We have good reasons for the rules we have that come from much experience. Nothing is meant to stomp on anyone.

Ok, then it was never enforced until now.

Well here is a post from 2015 about it.. For Sale - 1968 Sport Fury L Code 440 4 Speed
Here is one from 2018: For Sale - '69 Imperial
Here's one from a year and a half ago: For Sale - 1959? 361

Every site has rules. Nobody is stomping over anything. We just want the rules followed. We have good reasons for the rules we have that come from much experience. Nothing is meant to stomp on anyone.

Well here is a post from 2015 about it.. For Sale - 1968 Sport Fury L Code 440 4 Speed
Here is one from 2018: For Sale - '69 Imperial
Here's one from a year and a half ago: For Sale - 1959? 361
The people who run the site have rules.
Some don’t follow them and their posts are removed.
Others have suggested other ways to deal with the posts that don’t follow the rules.
The owners have not explained their reasons in response, just stated that they have them.
It’s not my site, but I would be a LOT MORE OPEN MINDED AND EXPLAIN WHY.
If you don’t like the way the site is being run, don’t visit it.

I would welcome positive comments on my ads And always have. I think the main problem, other than negative comments would be straying off topic which has been known to happen here.
if everyone would just practice the golden rule at all times there would be no problems but a lot of people can’t resist being azzholes.

Sorry Joey, that's bullshit and you know it! Your henchman is butchering everybody else's replies and not just in the 4 sale section either. You should read the **** people are talking about on other forums about what's going on here. Why do you think I don't come around anymore?
You're so funny you make my sides hurt from laughing!
What other forums
I would like to see others.

IMHO....

We have one section of "Not Mine", which everyone can comment and often do. It's interesting and the conversation is good and often either steers someone towards a good car, with a fair price OR even better, steers them away from a bad car. And it bears repeating, it makes for very interesting conversation that keeps us coming back.

Then we have the "for sale" section where the rules are different. Comments are discouraged. That has some good and bad to it, like all rules. I've seen some really awful comments, but I've also seen some constructive and encouraging comments too. I think the lines blur to everyone and folks don't necessarily follow the rules, and folks comment without thinking about it.

Then threads like this pop up.... And the admin/mods come off as the bad guys.

It is tough not to comment.... I get it. And we've gone for a long time where those rules weren't regularly enforced.

I always said that if you have a problem that you want to comment on, you need to be thinking about a solution too.

My suggestion is to run the "for sale" sections like the HAMB does. The thread is locked after you post so no one can comment except for you. I have no idea if that can be done with this software so it might not work.

Parts wanted should remain as is. Folks will often give sources or alternatives and that should be welcome to everyone. I know I've learned a few times about vendors and/or their products and solved a problem or three.

"Not mine" should stay the same too. That's interesting stuff as I've already said.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned is name calling and vitriol gets you nowhere. If you don't agree, fine, you can say something but once you start with the BS, the other side will just shut down. I think some of us are really trying to be reasonable and work it all out for the better of the forum and others don't know how to work out problems without resorting to being belligerent.

As said, that is all just my opinion.

My suggestion is to run the "for sale" sections like the HAMB does. The thread is locked after you post so no one can comment except for you. I have no idea if that can be done with this software so it might not work.

its crossed my mind more than a few times. Yes, it can be done. Yes, it would make staff jobs' easier. However, I haven't done it because there are often good questions posted and good questions answered.

Parts wanted should remain as is. Folks will often give sources or alternatives and that should be welcome to everyone. I know I've learned a few times about vendors and/or their products and solved a problem or three.

"Not mine" should stay the same too. That's interesting stuff as I've already said.

no such changes are planned.

It’s not my site, but I would be a LOT MORE OPEN MINDED AND EXPLAIN WHY.
I have explained it, but maybe not in depth enough in this particular thread. There are a number of reasons.

First, sellers would be complaining when negative comments started cluttering up the thread. "that's overpriced" - "I saw that cheaper on ebay" - "I saw a nicer one on craigslist for less" -- etc.
How do I allow positive comments and not the negative ones? The answer is not to allow either. That's the fair thing to do and the much easier to deal with. Not to mention there are people who wouldn't bother to post stuff for sale here because they don't want to be criticized. That wouldn't help anyone.

Second, if the thread is clean, meaning just the ad and relevant questions, then someone actually looking to buy something has an easier time. He doesn't have to sift through the BS to find the info he is looking for.

I have an even better one. Set it up so the original poster can "Allow", or "Not allow" comment.on the post.

I voiced that on my for sale ad, they just disappeared. Some good comments too.
I agree. If comment on a post is allowed, it can go a long way in helping someone to decide to buy. It also takes a load off the administrators. Maybe they should post a poll on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back