Distributor pickup to 440

Kaim

Reaction score
Hi there! Can anyone tell me if the 1978 distributor pickup with the base plates fits the 1970 distributor? Engine is 440. My car's distributor pickup is inoperative and i could get a 1978 model for cheap.

Hi
If it is cheap, buy it. You will probably need it in some point of Your life.

1970 is originally points distributor (with no pickup, I'm confused). The frame is the same as later models, but upper shaft and moving part of the baseplate is different. Could You share a picture of Your 1970 distributor interiors?

Do You have an electric ignition conversion with Mopar parts in Your car? Parts from any B/RB electronic ignition distributor interchange. All parts can be dropped into any frame, but it is also possible to drop in a new distributor entirely as long as it belongs to 440 (RB-block).

Further help available in native language by PM/phone.

My car quit running about 45 miles from my home so I can't take a picture and yes the original distributor has an electronic ignition conversion with Mopar parts. The pickup only gave one spark per round. Measured with an oscilloscope.

Ouch, hope You get it fixed and You will! At least it's nice summer weather.
Then it is straight replacement and 1978 B and RB pickup parts will fit.

I'm aware of only one type of pickup+baseplate combo for V8 w/o Lean Burn (example: Standard LX102). For the future, I advice universal Mopar practice: extra set of all alternator+ignition+distributor parts in trunk as a spare.

Back