Dodge Polara 2D HT 1965

The Swede

Reaction score
Hi guys. My name is Johan and I´m living in the north of Sweden. I really like theese full size muscle cars and when I stumbled over this Polara just arrived from LA, I couldn´t resist. The Camaro had to go! The car is in very nice original condition, except for the engine. It should be a 413, now sitting a 400 in it. Original paint and zero rust. I have replaced the shock absorbers but she would really need new leaf springs. Anyone that knows where I can buy them?
2013-10-13 10.34.01.jpg

2013-10-13 10.34.01.jpg

Congratulations on the Polara purchase!

I unfortunately do not have a local source for you for new springs but you could have the current leaf springs re-arched locally could you not?

Very nice Polara! If you find a good source, ask for the Chrysler 413/440 springs. It will help that Polara sit up better!
I put 68' new Yorker 440 springs in mine. What a difference!

Thanks for the tips. Do you have a picture of your car so I can have a look on how it sits with theese springs?

Welcome. Nice car. As for the springs, I have used the coil over booster shocks in the past to raise a heavy car up 1 to two inches. Its a cheap & easy & quick way. If its not a regular driver it will be fine. Ride is a bit harsher than a good pair of proper springs.

On another note are you a member ot the Facebook C body group? Lots of Euro guys on there.

That's a nice and rarely seen ride there. I think I speak for all here if I ask for a couple more larger sized pics from all angles. ;)

This model I'd rather see with the top down. ;)

That's a nice and rarely seen ride there. I think I speak for all here if I ask for a couple more larger sized pics from all angles. ;)
Thanks. Here are some pictures, however not very large. I will get back with better ones.
P1.jpgP2.jpgP3.jpgP4.jpgP5.jpgP6.jpgP7.jpgP8.jpgP9.jpg

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

P6.jpg

P7.jpg

P8.jpg

P9.jpg

Back