Edmund Fitzgerald/Dodge Challenger

They've always chosen interesting cars and feature good photography.

But I've never found their technical knowledge to be all that great.

I'd agree. It still is a nice subscription if your interested in many different brands of cars that are for sale.

There is a Great lakes ship wreck museum at Whitefish point in the UP, some Fitzgerald items there. There is also a museum ship the Valley Camp at the Soo in the UP, they had one of the life boats from the Fitzgerald. The bow looked good but it was torn in half with only the bow section.

There is a Great lakes ship wreck museum at Whitefish point in the UP, some Fitzgerald items there. There is also a museum ship the Valley Camp at the Soo in the UP, they had one of the life boats from the Fitzgerald. The bow looked good but it was torn in half with only the bow section.
Yes I've seen those lifeboat pics. It was mangled up

'fraid so.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/m...ar---1971-Plymouth-Sport-Fury-GT/3749410.html

*gawd, I went back and skimmed it. That Jeff Kotch article actually may have been the last straw for subscribing to Hemmings publications for me. :barf:

"One oddball note:The small-block in defiance of the option sheets, had somehow found its way under the Fury's hood prior to Tom's ownership."

The author doesn*t really go with the Notion of this engine being in the car right from the start I guess. Still this article isn't too interesting, think I'm going to lend a couple of issues from a friend who already has subscribed before I finally decide on my subscription.

"One oddball note:The small-block in defiance of the option sheets, had somehow found its way under the Fury's hood prior to Tom's ownership."

The author doesn*t really go with the Notion of this engine being in the car right from the start I guess. Still this article isn't too interesting, think I'm going to lend a couple of issues from a friend who already has subscribed before I finally decide on my subscription.

The problem is, it was never a GT in the first place, as the roofline (or vin) would clearly show. Thus no "defiance" of any option sheet.

And the closest a 340 would come to a C-body assembly plant would be the employee parking lot.

I didn't even look at the pics, missed that completely.

The article said that it was a tribute to a car he had had when he was younger. Wow you people are really anal retentive for a magazine article. It's still a good mag that is not a complete bore of dry who cares details. They have been doing more articles about slightly to fairly well modified cars, because completely stock is boring and tedious.

The legend lived on.......

20171112_181712_002.jpg

Back