Finally, a Welder in the Family!

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe not yet... My 14 year old grand daughter (my oldest son's oldest kid) decided to take the DDP class at school. Yeah, I had to ask what it was too.. Design, Drawing and Production class. The school she attends understands that kids need to learn some hands on skills.

As it turns out, she loves welding... This is from a school team competition for kids from shop classes around the state. Some kids wired electrical outlets and things like that as part of the team. My grand daughter did the welding. I have not heard how the school did just yet.

Here she is with arc welder in hand.

sVbW9HP.jpg

My other grand kids (I have 8) haven't shown any interest in things like this, but she's the second oldest and there may be hope for a couple others.

Well, maybe not yet... My 14 year old grand daughter (my oldest son's oldest kid) decided to take the DDP class at school. Yeah, I had to ask what it was too.. Design, Drawing and Production class. The school she attends understands that kids need to learn some hands on skills.

As it turns out, she loves welding... This is from a school team competition for kids from shop classes around the state. Some kids wired electrical outlets and things like that as part of the team. My grand daughter did the welding. I have not heard how the school did just yet.

Here she is with arc welder in hand.

View attachment 655829

My other grand kids (I have 8) haven't shown any interest in things like this, but she's the second oldest and there may be hope for a couple others.
Good deal!

My nephew is killing it in Kalifornia. He’s state certified in gas and electric. Working on TIG.
He went to a school in Riverside and the instructors were blown away.
Now just getting him to come back here to weld fenders…

IMG_3066.jpeg

Mine is out of school and working. Spending all he gets on to old cars and guns. At least they hold value.
It's nice not having to weld anything anymore. He just handles it.

Back