First time

"Donna"

Reaction score
My name is Scott, and this is my first C-body, and my first classic at that. Im only 18, so money is limited. but progress on the car will increase once I get a job at the local auto parts store.
293930_10150269843117817_728032816_7636558_6135353_n.jpg

205900_10150269843137817_728032816_7636559_1219414_n.jpg

262585_10150269843182817_728032816_7636560_8122953_n.jpg

Welcome to the site fellow Detroit suburbanite! We are nearly neighbors! See you at the Dream Cruise?

Im only 18, so money is limited.

Don't assume cash becomes plentiful once you've reached a certain age. Keep on the right track and it'll come. It looks like your heading down a familiar path................welcome to the board...

:sSig_hihihi:

What a great response, thank you! I picked the car off CL from an auto body shop in Warren for $1550 in this condition here. I've already replaced a slew of things to get it drivable (its my daily), such as gas tank, sender, shocks, brake booster, gas line, and other little bits. The plan is to keep it clean, shave some trim, repair the rust, and new wheels/tires, among other things on the list. And I say "18 and money is limited" as I don't have a full time job quite yet, not that it isn't obtainable.It will be at the dream cruise, it was last year! :D I wish it could be at the Autorama! But alas, I got into a slight fender bender yesterday; Ice claimed my car and slid Donna (she's got a name, naturally) into my aunt's Ford F-150. not too bad, but I'd wanna get new fenders(it needed them already, shoddy bodywork) and straighten the hood, grille, and headlight bezel back out. I'll post pics in the morning, but any good tips for it at the moment?

I saw that one on the local Craigslist, glad someone like you snapped it up. My only advice to you is if it will be your daily driver is that you spray it off at the quarter car wash often during the winter months, especially underneath. Try and keep that road salt washed off and maybe get some winter tires for it off of Craigslist to keep you from sliding around on the snow and slush.
Good luck and hope to see you around.

I was going to pick up my pike of quarters and take it tomorrow actually, since it snowed last night, and they salted pretty heavy.

Welcome aboard. Nice first car!!! If you can swing a car wash with an underbody wash once in a while will help get the salt off.

:sFl_america2:

Stay out of the salt and the snow that car will rust quicker than you can blink an eye

believe me, i know. I once had an s-10 that the fenders rotted off in one winter. it was terrible. ive been taking this thing for a quick spray off most every day.

I've also had the thought of doing the necessary metal work it needs, and giving it an actual color paint job. like a semi-gloss, almost greasy-like. and tear off that vinyl top and spraying it with some metal flake. just for the winter, since the flat black is so porous and absorbent.

Back