For sale 1956 Plymouth Fury - 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cargirl

Reaction score
Contact seller
Came with a single 4 barrel manifold - was changed out to a factory two 4 barrel but the original 4 barrel comes with the car as well as turbine wheel covers and spares. Older restoration documented with pictures and paperwork. Documented ownership history. two small cracks in passenger and driver side window and two tiny bubbles on dashboard otherwise in excellent condition. Dozens of trophies come with the car.
VIN 22292686 Located in NY

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/classictag/1956%20Plymouth%20Fury/

History from the owner on the 1956 Fury Sport Coupe
My 1956 Plymouth Sport Fury Coupe was originally purchased new on May 19, 1956 by Francis H. McElwee of Marlinton, West Virginia from Bledsoe Motor Co. of Bartow, West Virginia. The vehicle number is 2292686F and the motor number is P29216474. Twenty-one of Mr. McElwee’s original Vehicle Registrations from 1957-58 to 1977-78 and the original "Plymouth Owners Service Certificate" accompany the Fury as well as the original “’56 Plymouth” owner’s booklet and numerous spec sheets including the DuPont Paint Company’s Bulletin No. 24, “1956 Plymouth Colors”.
Subsequently the car was bought from the McElwee Estate in 1981 by Mr. R. W. of Ansted, West Virginia. Mr. W spent five years meticulously bringing the car back to showroom quality. It is my understanding that only MOPAR parts were used during this work. There are many photos showing the frame off work bringing the Fury up to near perfect condition.
Then in October 2001 Mr. W sold the Fury to car collector/dealer Mr. L Cr Jr., Clinton, South Carolina. I bought the car from Mr. C in May of 2002, and it was delivered to me in Otego, New York May 23, 2002 That makes me the fourth owner. About three years ago I bought an original factory manifold with two four-barrel carburetors, linkage, etc. from long-time mechanic for the NYS Troopers, who did the installation. I have saved all of the original parts, manifold, linkage, carburetor, & air cleaner; these parts would accompany the car if purchased.
Presently the Fury has 53,371 original miles.
Also there are numerous trophies (as of this writing I have not counted them all - perhaps several dozen); Best of show, First Place etc. .There are many photos of the Fury in the Northeast Classic Car Museum in Norwich, NY, in newspaper articles, at car shows, on car show promotional flyers, etc.
Our Fury is a member of the collector’s club, The Golden Fin Society.
According to the Golden Fin Society there are about 110 56 Fury’s on record which include those licensed on the road, under restoration, & those in junk yards etc. So out of the original 4485 made only a few remain.
Lastly there are many more features that make the car worth while such as the proper wheels & tires, original turbine wheel covers, original upholstery & so on.

Last edited:
Asking price is in the title, 85K.

That' insane. Gotta be the mileage.

Nice car, but not $85K car. It's a 4bbl car not an original 2x4bbl car. Must be the Carlisle Mopar show price if $85k is the real asking price.

Wow! Had to look up the car to see what the current going price is based on all available sales. For a grade 1 car that was recently professionally restored it is a round $44,000. I think someone might be buried in this car someday...

Must be a fisherman, fisherperson, sorry! Nice car though!

good grief, that's stratosphere money. maybe this person really does not want to sell it that badly.

Sorry guys - I was just notified that there were postings about the car on the site. Otherwise I would have answered sooner. That is the asking price and yes it is out there The car has dozens and dozens of awards and comes with a lot of extras. I am posting the car for the seller who currently has it in a museum. I talked to him about the price on Friday - told him he needs to give very detailed info on the car to justify this kind of price (although I did see one just sell at a dealership for this number). Either way, he knows he is asking a lot but he also said that he would be more than happy to talk numbers with someone. So I think it is a combination of a seriously great car and an owner slightly reluctant to let go. But he has a new Mopar now and that is where he would like to put his efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back