Gas pedal broken? 72 fury iii

IMFURYS2

Reaction score
I have a 72 fury that I acquired when my dad passed away. I don't know a whole lot on cars, especially older ones so hopefully someone can help. I went to go drive her today, and as I pressed the gas pedal, it snapped and the pedal went to the floor. I don't mind getting dirty and trying to do the job myself, I just have no idea what part I even need, or where to look. Google hasn't been too helpful. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

PXL_20240608_210801822.jpg

One of about 3 things happened. All under the hood.

The return spring could have snapped or come off. Next is the throttle cable came loose from the clamp. Third is the cable snapped. I doubt that happened, but just covering the bases.

So, open the hood, take the air cleaner off and have a look. If you aren't sure what you are looking at, take a few pictures of the drivers side of the carb and we should be able to identify your problem.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I'll have to do some digging and see what I can find. It doesn't seem like it would be a difficult repair, so I'm hopeful I can do this on my own. Thank you for your help!!

Back