00000_7yrcd4sqgHN_600x450.jpg

00L0L_9ylvJ78s2pc_600x450.jpg

00w0w_fXrQJUx0tDX_600x450.jpg

00R0R_i7CpjXJjka_600x450.jpg

01717_hjBhtQKxND1_600x450.jpg

00G0G_gE9wT0z5ZhB_600x450.jpg

00E0E_92YXRK3QioY_600x450.jpg

00N0N_idsH62xCtrG_600x450.jpg

Custom restoration done on a 68 Chrysler Newport 2 door. All new build 440 stroked to 528. New rebuilt 727 with shift kit and 3600 stall converter. New rebuilt 8 3/4 rear, 489 case, 3.91 sure grip rear. Fun, fast mopar. Serious inquiries only. Might trade for a 69 or 70 coronet any trim model.

I hate the exhaust placement. Plum Crazy on a C-body doesn't work for me. The Bumble Bee stripe looks strange on a slab. What I can see of the interior... I like the color, but I don't know if if the seat design is too extreme because of the plastic. Not a fan of the hood scoop on this car. At least the wheels aren't 24s. Some people's thoughts of renovation should stay in their head as a thought.

A for effort, D- for final. Lots of $$ invested.

Big girls need to look classy, not gaudy.

Last edited:
Other than the skull decal and the angled exhaust outlets this car is absolutely beautiful to me.

It looks like quality workmanship, just the wrong theme for a large car.

Looks like a big Mama in a mini skirt to me.

There was a car at the drags in the mid 80's. A 70 Mercury full size wagon, gold, centerline wheels, just absolutely flying off the line running 12.00. Cars had to have a roll bar to run 11's. This thing was clean and subtle, and drove out like a rocket ship. Looked totally stock like moms grocery getter, other than the wheels. That car was CLASSY! And proving the point you don't have to be loud and overstated to be bad A$$.

Like I said a Big Mama in a mini skirt. Does not equate

If the engine was done right, the drive train alone could be worth the asking price. For someone who is looking to build a stroker engine for their car, you could take the drive train out, put a stock drive train in this purple beast and dress the stock engine up some and flip the car and be ahead of the game.

The skull decal has to go, the hood scoop does not work for me, looks like it is too far back and just does not have the "right" look/proportions for the car IMHO, the windows are tinted to dark and I agree that the bumble bee type stripe just does not work on the car. Never liked a white stripe on a car with a black stripe.

There was a car at the drags in the mid 80's. A 70 Mercury full size wagon, gold, centerline wheels, just absolutely flying off the line running 12.00. Cars had to have a roll bar to run 11's. This thing was clean and subtle, and drove out like a rocket ship. Looked totally stock like moms grocery getter, other than the wheels. That car was CLASSY! And proving the point you don't have to be loud and overstated to be bad A$$.

Reminds of an old timer at the drags years ago who had this ratty little Model A, with a SBC on propane! Thing looked like it was dragged out of a field and brought to the track. I remember I was sitting in the stands when it came to the line against some car that looked pretty and fast, lights dropped and this Model A left him in the dust...want to say it ran a 11.90? After we went to the pits to check it out and talk to the guy and I always remember the sticker on the back "Chrome don't get ya home".:D

Big old Mopars should be classy and tasteful. The drag look just ruins that car. It'll need more than a stroked 440 to get down the track at a respectable rate these days. The rest of it just screams "look at me!." Sorry, not my cup 'o tea.

Gorgeous was not the first word that came to mind when I looked at these pics. Overdone would be more like it. Somewhere underneath the excess there may have been a solid car that might have benefited from a good cleaning, attention to minor repairs, and some plain old TLC.

Reminds of an old timer at the drags years ago who had this ratty little Model A, with a SBC on propane! Thing looked like it was dragged out of a field and brought to the track. I remember I was sitting in the stands when it came to the line against some car that looked pretty and fast, lights dropped and this Model A left him in the dust...want to say it ran a 11.90? After we went to the pits to check it out and talk to the guy and I always remember the sticker on the back "Chrome don't get ya home".:D

:poke:My DD ran 11.9 from the factory...

Sorry. I'm a 50/50 fan on this car. 50% of me says, it's cool. 50% of me says it doesn't look right. I love the Plum Crazy color, even though it didn't come out till 70. BUT the hood scoop, bumblebee stripe and exhaust HAVE TO go. Engine and interior look great and well done otherwise.

I'd point the exhaust out the back, past the bumper just a little, and ditch the bumblebee stripe. Other than that, I'd drive the wheels off it. Correct, nope, don't care. It's already got my slots on it. :)

These things MUST go!

Butt stripe.
Window skull.
The "Mopar" decal on the RF fender.
WTF is up with those exhaust tips???
And that way-out-of-place hood scoop!

I'd ditch all that, and then black-out the taillight panel. The wheels and tires look good - no "ghetto flyer" 22" specials!

The purple on such a large car is...different.

Not sure what's up with the "hazmat"-style plastic on the seats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back