H-code rims

hotpursuit

Reaction score
After owning my '69 Polara pursuit for 9 months now, I finally cleaned/checked the rims...all H code rims! So excited! Can't wait to get this beast ready for daily use!

h code rims?..one would assume their part of a police package?....and on that note what kinda tires would they run and what was the speed rateing?
pics?

H code (heavy duty) were used on wagons, service cars and muscle cars.

Wheels can be confusing. The build sheet for my 69 Suburban lists code W27, which show to be "wheels, trailer towing/extra width". I checked them when I switched the tires and they were stamped 15 X 7, inside.
The part number on the wheel is 376 6347 M39 10 at the valve stem. Neither this number or any 15 X 7 wheels are listed in the parts book. There is also no "H" stamped in the center hub or rim. They look like this......

15-7.jpg

I'm reasonably sure these are the original wheels for the car.

[url]http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/wheels.html[/URL]

This is a 69 "H" wheel, they are 15x6, note the center is flat.

2014-10-09_003.jpg

I will check my broadcast sheet this evening to see what code it has.
You may have some later "H" wheels, I have some that are 6-1/2 wide.

I have some 15x7 that I haven't looked at in 5 years, I'll look at those this evening as well.

Alan

What is the dates on the valve stem are, the number the the left of the stem would be the month and the right of the stem is the day. Are they M5 with an 8 under it or a 9? Let me know and I can PM you with more info

My 1978 Chrysler data book shows 15 x 6.5 JJ wheels and JR78 x 15 tires for the A36 package. No 15 x 7 wheels in 1978. No C-Body station wagon available for 1978.

Wheels can be confusing. The build sheet for my 69 Suburban lists code W27, which show to be "wheels, trailer towing/extra width". I checked them when I switched the tires and they were stamped 15 X 7, inside.
The part number on the wheel is 376 6347 M39 10 at the valve stem. Neither this number or any 15 X 7 wheels are listed in the parts book. There is also no "H" stamped in the center hub or rim. They look like this......

15-7.jpg

I'm reasonably sure these are the original wheels for the car.

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/wheels.html

Those are 80's rims (standard equipment on M bodies)...you can tell by the additional hole in between the lug holes. Those were to bolt on the assemblies that the 80's locking wire wheel covers bolted to.

Back