Hello all. I have 46 Hudson pickup with a Mopar clip..

46Hud

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I bought a 1946 Hudson pickup with a (supposedly) 1969 Plymouth Fury iii front clip welded in and a 69 Monaco Trac-Loc rear diff with a 3:23 gear ratio and 1985 5th Avenue front disc brakes It had the same owner for 52 years and he's deceased now, so I'm trying to unravel the mystery of what all he did. I'm in the process of rebuilding the upper control arms and boy what rabbit hole that's become lol. I have also owned a ton a 12 valve's ( I realize that's a different forum but I'm just sayin, Dodge/Mopar rules. I love em.)
I just wanted to say thank you to all the admins and members who keep these forums active and alive.

Hello everybody. I bought a 1946 Hudson pickup with a (supposedly) 1969 Plymouth Fury iii front clip welded in and a 69 Monaco Trac-Loc rear diff with a 3:23 gear ratio and 1985 5th Avenue front disc brakes It had the same owner for 52 years and he's deceased now, so I'm trying to unravel the mystery of what all he did. I'm in the process of rebuilding the upper control arms and boy what rabbit hole that's become lol. I have also owned a ton a 12 valve's ( I realize that's a different forum but I'm just sayin, Dodge/Mopar rules. I love em.)
I just wanted to say thank you to all the admins and members who keep these forums active and alive.
Let's see some photos of that bad boy. Love the style of those Hudson trucks.

Although it has a 41 front clip it is a 46. The old boy that had it for 52 years really put it through some changes. I got a file of receipts, notes, and repairs he'd had done. He mentions 69 Fury iii in the notes. I'm attempting to rebuild the upper control arms and the parts don't match that model. Now I have a mystery on my hands.
46 Hudson46.jpg
41Hudson6.jpg

Not many. The numbers off the disc brake calipers led back to a 5th Avenue. This is what I'm working with, if anyone recognizes it.

20240829_114522.jpg

20240829_114707.jpg

20240829_114647.jpg

Thats a real hodge podge of parts.. Looks like 74-93 dodge D100 d150 truck strut rods brakes and spindles, van upper control arms.. c body sway bar hangers. That'll be fun sourcing parts.

Thats a real hodge podge of parts.. Looks like 74-93 dodge D100 d150 truck strut rods brakes and spindles, van upper control arms.. c body sway bar hangers. That'll be fun sourcing parts.
Thanks RD. That tells me more than I knew. I've tried 3 different part # upper control arm bushings. The OD has been different. 2 sets with the same part #, one set would slip easily over the connecter rod but the other wouldn't. Crazy. smh.

Back