Hello from Midland Michigan

michformulas

Reaction score
I have been lurking this site since its inception. I have been an FABO member since 2005. Currently I do not own a C body but that is where my plans are to take me next. My background goes from my 340 Duster I got when I was 16 and drove through high school. Other mopars lead to my current 1968 formula S Barracuda currently with a 416. I have always wanted a 1969 through 1971 Fury. My dad's cousin had a 1970 sport fury when I was growing up and it is probably still sitting behind a barn in Pembroke Ontario. Last time I saw it was 20 years ago and you could throw a dead cat through the quarter panels. That car always drove a desire in me to own a similar car. I have driven A and E bodies and also have a 2011 Challenger RT 6 speed. None of those have the masculin character that the late 60's and early 70's C bodies have. I feel big men need big cars. Looking forward to spending a little more time here.

Cuda.jpg

:sSig_welcometoourclYou've got a nice ride there but I'm glad to see that you've finally seen the light regarding the kingdom of land yachts. I think a member here has a motto "go fast in comfort". That says it all. Good luck in your quest.

Welcome to the site fellow Michigander!

The search has just started. In my opinion there is nothing more fun than searching for another car.

Must have finally sold as it states "post has been deleted by author"

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2999271915.html

It's back, he keeps reposting it. I bought something else from him last year and he told me about the car but I didn't see it, sounded nice though. He's come down a grand since he first listed it so I bet you could get it for less then 4K.
This is what I bought from him last year, couldn't resist, garage wall art.
Go get 'em Tigers!

IMG_7097_1.JPG

Last edited:
So cool! Hometown corporate support for the home team! That is some smart local advertising. I can remember the Road Runner Commercials on TV. I wish those days were here again.

Is this thread broken? seems to have two pages but there both the same...

Ok, not any more, just fixed it! I guess my last post was the start of the actual second page, you owe me 1 Joey!

Not sure where this thread went but if it is Hello from Midland I am back. I looked at my first Fury today. Wanted $4900 for a 50K original mile four door hardtop 71 Fury III. Poor repaint a few years back, some scratches and a 6" X 3" patch of missing paint on top of the rear quarter panel but no rust or dents beyond a slight ding here or there. Floors, trunk and truck extensions are solid. Valve covers leaking (smoking on the exhaust manifolds after it got hot) but no oil under the car. 383 4 barrel. Interior very nice. Somebody put duals and cherry bombs on it which I don't want for a driver (way too loud). Has a 80 something cassette deck in it. Overall I am interested but think I need to talk them down a bunch. What do you guys think. I like 4 door coupes but really want a 2 door.

The one I posted the link to is a 2-door coupe, not 4-door sedan. Is it the wrong year for you? He's down to 4,400 on it.

I'm sorry detmatt I was talking about another Fury for sale local to me. I can't get any of the links you provided to work for me. I get "Deleted by author" every time I try them.

He might have finally sold it, I think the links I kept posting only worked until he deleted them to repost new ones every other day. I just checked again and no longer see it. I didn't think it was going to last to much longer at that price and now there is one almost identicle to it using the same search criteria for twice the money. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks Detmatt. You have southern Michigan covered and I will keep an eye on mid and northern Michigan.

Welcome michformulas! Nice looking A-body! I'm a A-body guy myself, and I also think about getting a big C-body, and also would like it to be a 69-71 Plymouth Fury, I think they are the coolest! Good luck with your search!

Back