Hello from The Rum Cove

The Rum Cove

Reaction score
Hi there C bodyers! I am the Rum Cove (I'm a radio jock and this is my on air handle so...) and I am an long time English immigrant who has owned/restored his way through many, many Mopar products. I currently own two very rare Chrysler UK imports. One, a 1969 Sunbeam Alpine coupe with an incredible 4800 original miles on it. The other, a 1972 Plymouth Cricket, undergoing a restoration and one of what I believe to be about five roadworthy examples in the US. But I also love (and have owned to 1970 examples) 71/72 Plymouth Fury 2 dr htps and I hope to find a nice one here. I hope I have good luck!

Regards, Robin aka The Rum Cove@ WTJU FM

Belated welcome! Plenty of Virginia members on the board. You're in Charlottesville and thus pretty central, so most folks will be a couple of hours from you at the max. @1970FuryConv and @Analog Kid own and know the 1971-1972 Fury that you're interested in purchasing; others who post regularly here include @Jim 68cuda @68NewportDDD @kowalski1970 @Badvert65 @Not Right @Michael A. Corley @RangerFury1970 @Copper1982 @65Coronet7165 and many others
Thank you sir. What I really, really desire to the exclusion of all others is a 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe 4dr. The search may be a long one as I want one is good condition (no need of perfection!) but I shall not be denied!

Thank you sir. What I really, really desire to the exclusion of all others is a 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe 4dr. The search may be a long one as I want one is good condition (no need of perfection!) but I shall not be denied!
I happen to agree with you -- the 4dr Fury hardtop looks, to my eyes at least, much better proportioned than the 2dr. I understand this might be heresy to many, but of tastes one should not argue :)

@Imps Rule owns a wonderful 1971 GC8 Fury 4dr hardtop. Here is a photo that I took when his Fury and my ER6 1970 Dodge Polara 'vert, Poppy, met a couple of hours north of you. That was back in January 2020:

GC8_Poppy_side_20200111 copy 2.jpg

GC8_Poppy_rear_20200111 copy.jpg

So pretty, and to my mind (we should not argue about taste!) the Fury's look would be improved with a set of Magnum 500's but that's just me...

Where are you located?

Hi there C bodyers! I am the Rum Cove (I'm a radio jock and this is my on air handle so...) and I am an long time English immigrant who has owned/restored his way through many, many Mopar products. I currently own two very rare Chrysler UK imports. One, a 1969 Sunbeam Alpine coupe with an incredible 4800 original miles on it. The other, a 1972 Plymouth Cricket, undergoing a restoration and one of what I believe to be about five roadworthy examples in the US. But I also love (and have owned to 1970 examples) 71/72 Plymouth Fury 2 dr htps and I hope to find a nice one here. I hope I have good luck!

Regards, Robin aka The Rum Cove@ WTJU FM
Welcome aboard. Interesting collection. It's been a while since I've seen a 69 Sunbeam Alpine coupe. Those cars were four seat fastback models and looked nothing like the little two seater Alpines of just a couple years earlier. I believe there is one at Leon's Auto Parts in Leon, Virginia (or at least it was there last time I went). Leon's probably has a Cricket or two as well. But I know Fredricksburg Auto Salvage (in Fredricksburg, Virginia) has Crickets if you are looking for parts. Osborne Tramaine posted these and several other photos of Crickets at Fredricksburg Auto Salvage on his Facebook page.

1704841405531.png
1704841472217.png
1704841497908.png
1704841519002.png
1704841571769.png

Holy smokes! I had better hot foot it over to Fredricksburg asap! Thank you very much for this info, I can't believe they have so many! How many exactly to you know them to have?

I have seen the Alpine GT at Leons and have been shopping there for 30 years or more!

Lets talk: soulfulcville@gmail.com

And thanks again.

Holy smokes! I had better hot foot it over to Fredricksburg asap! Thank you very much for this info, I can't believe they have so many! How many exactly to you know them to have?

I have seen the Alpine GT at Leons and have been shopping there for 30 years or more!

Lets talk: soulfulcville@gmail.com

And thanks again.
I sent you an e-mail. Yes, you can probably find alot of usable Cricket parts there. At least five different cars show up in Osborn's photos.

Back