Help !need rear frame rails!

mrcuoco1988

Reaction score
I can't find after market ones does anyone have a good parts car with good rear frame rails I need some bad?!

Bad because of rust or an accident? I have repaired them from rust damage before. How bad are they?

You will need to find a donor car. 65-68 should be pretty much the same. 69-73 could maybe be modified to work, I think the leaf spring/shackle area is slightly different on the fuselage C bodies.

You will need to find a donor car. 65-68 should be pretty much the same. 69-73 could maybe be modified to work, I think the leaf spring/shackle area is slightly different on the fuselage C bodies.
Ty I'll try I don't really understand this site got tons of

In one respect, what you are needing could be fabbed by anybody with decent fab skills. Like a race car shop that builds chassis for drag cars. Some C-channel that could be welded together to make a rectangular frame rail, for example.

The KEY would be matching the sizes to what is now under the car AND finding a good, solid frame rail section to attach the new items to. IF the rear sections are perforated, then so might the other sections, too. If that might be the case, then you'd need a rust-free parts car to get the complete rail from, from the rear seat, over the axle, and to the rear bumper (where the Fuselage cars might be different).

No, you will not find those available from anywhere except a salvage yard/parts car situation. Considering that the Fuselage cars are still basically a Slab with a different front chassis structure for better road noise isolation, as to the basic floorpan dimensions and shapes, it could well be that Plymouth C-bodies into the 1973 model year can be used/adapted . . . just a speculation. I also suspect the very rear, where the bumper mountings are, could well be different due to the different rear bumper styles used on the Fuselage cars.

Now, NONE of this will be cheap or easy to make happen. Certainly not in a short timeframe! So . . . putting sentimental value aside, might it be time for a new vehicle into which to swap your parts onto?

A few decades ago, a younger guy pulled up to a now-gone local salvage yard and inquired about parts for a Plymouth Valiant, 1972 or so. The yard's owner went out to look at the guy's car and realized that the car in the yard was in better overall condition than what the guy was driving. They talked about that and the yard owner made the offer, "Why don't we just swap titles?" And it happened.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

Kind of sounds like you're making a case for "a different car, but similar".
Not sure what u mean but here's some pics

IMG_20240903_132128653.jpg

IMG_20240903_132547426.jpg

IMG_20240903_132749687.jpg

Screenshot_20240726-194431.png

Yikes! That car is going to need a lot more than a front stub swap and rear rails. When the rust is that bad that it ate through that much of the front stub you can bet that the mounting points on the unibody are going to need a lot of work too. In my opinion you have your parts car now go find a solid body.

Back