Hoping for some Goldie stories

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have located the original owner but she has passed away. There were 2 Joyce Elliott's in the he same small town. The first one had 9 kids, but she was not the owner. I did another seach tonight and her name popped up in an obituary. The good thing it listed her son's first name and middle initial. He lives only 12 miles from my house.

I decided not to be creepy and show up at his house, so I sent him a letter with pictures. He has to remember this car well and hoping he has some pictures too. He was 15 years old when she bought it on Christmas Eve 1965. I know from the PO that he put the dent in the side of the car when he was in college, so he drove it to.

The biggest disappointment was she was still alive when I had it restored, but she had moved out of town so I never located her.

I got my first contact with the original owner's son. He said he learned how to drive on Goldie and his dad's '63 300, what a great pair of cars to learn to drive on. He said the '63 ended up being his first car when his dad bought a '69 New Yorker. Looking forward to meeting with him later in July.

Back