I’m an idiot

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well 3 years ago when I pulled the motor on Nebula (believe it or not my car has a name LOL) I put a box together full of engine parts such as all the brackets and pulleys etc etc. For the LIFE of me I can’t seem to find a few small pieces and it’s driving me nuts.

I’m about to mock up the accelerator pedal linkage to the carb, and I can’t find the little brackets / clamp that hold it in place along with what holds the kickdown in place too…

Randy Dumont was kind enough to take photos of his setup for me. This is what I’m missing, would anyone happen to have these in their spare parts?

I circled the bracket along with where that little clamp / hold down for the accelerator cable is. I can’t find mine for the life of me…

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

I probably have them if Scott doesn’t.

Nah... you're just normal. My mother used to always put things away for safe keeping never to be seen again.
I put away things like that... And then can't remember if I actually have them or where I put them. So I go buy another and then put away the extra... and find the one I saved in that spot.

I'd say it's an old guy thing, but really, I've been doing that since I was Isaiah's age... But it does seem to be occurring more often and makes for some laughs.

The docs tell me my brain is shrinking... and then my prostate is getting larger. I can't help but wonder if they are related somehow...

I put away things like that... And then can't remember if I actually have them or where I put them. So I go buy another and then put away the extra... and find the one I saved in that spot.

I'd say it's an old guy thing, but really, I've been doing that since I was Isaiah's age... But it does seem to be occurring more often and makes for some laughs.

The docs tell me my brain is shrinking... and then my prostate is getting larger. I can't help but wonder if they are related somehow...

Man I almost spit out my Pepsi reading this LOL. I did this a few times already with some other small PITA parts to find. Most recently (I swear even after looking in this same spot many times) I found the little sway bar end links / clamps that hold the sway bar to the strut rods (IIRC.) I was going crazy looking all over for them, and I found an empty coffee can with the old bushings and the new ones still sealed!

I guess taking years to get the dang car done will do this to me lol. But as my wife’s grandpa told me: “4 years ain’t nothing, I worked on mine for 20!”

Nah... you're just normal. My mother used to always put things away for safe keeping never to be seen again.

Watch, I’m gonna get the car running and driving and they’re going to magically reappear XD

I’ll see what I have.

Well 3 years ago when I pulled the motor on Nebula (believe it or not my car has a name LOL) I put a box together full of engine parts such as all the brackets and pulleys etc etc. For the LIFE of me I can’t seem to find a few small pieces and it’s driving me nuts.

I’m about to mock up the accelerator pedal linkage to the carb, and I can’t find the little brackets / clamp that hold it in place along with what holds the kickdown in place too…

Randy Dumont was kind enough to take photos of his setup for me. This is what I’m missing, would anyone happen to have these in their spare parts?

I circled the bracket along with where that little clamp / hold down for the accelerator cable is. I can’t find mine for the life of me…

View attachment 654678

View attachment 654679
text clayton 314-578-7866 he wll be way cheaper thr parks is clay & SONS LLc have a classic mopar restation yard wih 1200+ old mopars on no computr controled anyhing 1987 & order

clays card (2).jpg

Back