I need Chrysler 300 Hurst identification help...please

Reaction score
I found a 70 300 in primer. It appears to have been a white car. It has the Hurst hood and trunk lid. It has wheel covers and Challenger front seats. It has a 440 TNT and the block says HP2. How do I tell if it is a real Hurst. Is it in the VIN or on the fender tag? Thanks,
Tod

Here's a pic of a Hurst fender tag I took today. What you're looking for I believe is the A12 code on it, otherwise the vin is the same as any other U code 300.

image.jpg

Some pics will be mandatory if you end up pulling the trigger.

the A12 Option code on the Fender tag gives it away, or at least for the later ones as we heard from one Party. There are a couple more specific Details that might be neglected if it was created afterwards like the second cable operated trunk release as an Addition to the vacuum release and no lock on the trunk lid itself; should also have the stripe delete code on Fender tag, yellow Accent stripes in the grille and trap light doors instead of red plus the always saddle tan/Brown interior etc.

And yes, you are confused about nothing.
If you don't understand it, it's not important and therefor nothing.

Hurst build

According to the 300 Club records, the Hurst were converted in groups. This vin number falls in a group starting with car number 225558 and ending with 225570 of known recorded Hurst. It was a factory built or "converted" Hurst.

I believe the A12 code is for a fibreglass hood...the 440 6bbl Road runners and Superbees were A12 cars, as I recall.
It is. The A12 makes sence to me. I know it was considered an appearance package (and more) on the 6 bbl. B body cars. Since it was not used on a B body in 70, Chrysler corp. just moved it to the 300 Hurst which was really only an appearance package. My buddy is the one interested in the car. I used to have two of them. I have around 50 pics of the cars inside and out. One only had 30,000 miles at the time. I have the pics in storage and can't get to them at all. If he gets the car I will post some pics.

How do I tell if it is a real Hurst. Is it in the VIN or on the fender tag? Thanks,
Tod

Look for the 125 scheduled production date.
Look for a J99*** VON
Look for Y39.
If the car in question has a VIN lower than 200,000 the A12 may not be there. If the VIN is over 200,000 it should probably be there.
Look at the tag detmatt posted. The tag in question should have similar option codes.

I believe the A12 code is for a fibreglass hood...the 440 6bbl Road runners and Superbees were A12 cars, as I recall.
It wasn't just the hood, the A codes are packages that all include multiple items. In '69 the A-12 was for B-bodies, in '70 it was the Hurst package on the 300.

Last edited:
Back