I read Stellantis CEO reminds others at meeting that Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram are not American cars anymore.

Northcoast300h

Reaction score
Lots going on in the last few weeks. Stellantis CEO said the Chrysler design HQ building in Auburn Hills, MI will probably have sharp cuts and French HQ will take over those jobs in 2025. Dodge plant in Mexico maybe sold to German ZF. Some plants in the USA and Canada will probably be decreased.

Although designs still look like American cars, its been awhile since Mopar was a US company (before Fiat). The underpinnings for Mopars will be based more on existing Alfa Romeo and Peugeot models. The 2024 Hornet is the first to try this out and its not selling well due to quality issues.

Sales figures for 2024 are in video below. Wow, I didn't know they were that low. So do most people look at Mopar as French now? Maybe that's why cars aren't selling...because of the questionable quality and customer support history with French made cars?

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy any new car or truck from any manufacturer, that's why I bought a car based on a decades old platform when I got the 2020 Charger. It was mostly still American innits design, and benefited from the German influence that actually made it into Chrysler vehicles. Who really gets ahead when you have two or three models for a major brand? I'm surprised they are still in business.

It's too bad. Now the USA is down to the Big 2 ? History shows a country that loses its manufacturing base loses its influence in the world and has been easy pickings for invasion.

I would not buy a new car from any one of them. They are over teched. Apps to change vent direction? Doors without mechanical connection from handle to latch. Why? Because little Bobby or little Jimmy got a job with GM/Ford/ whatever company you prefer, and he and his generation thought it would be neat to do it that way. The bean counter's love it because **** boxes to full size pick up behemoths can use same latches just change the length of the wires.
So now "HAL" ( space Odyssey reference) decides if it wants you to leave the car or not. Hope I expire before I have to be forced into one of these technobots, formally known as a car.

1719953331604.png

With the time I have free, we keep a modern car for my wife. under bumper to bumper warranty. I have my 40 Ford, Polara (s) and an 06 RAM. I want the ram gone, I'd like to find a 60's Chevy truck, or really 60's suburban. I can fix em, I can get parts for em.

Take care of em and they run forever, as the 430K mile Polara in my garage will tell you.

IMHO, they became foreign cars in 1998 when they sold to Daimler Benz.
Sold? More like given away for retirement trinkets by a a$$hole who had no business being in charge.
Just more evidence of the highly planned slow de-industrialization of the west....

"You will own nussing, and be happy."
- karl hungus
More like the automatic button conditioning like trained mice. I don't want to actually do anything just hit a button for desired response.

Back