For Sale I'm still looking for a 67 or 68 4dr HT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Just a reminder that I'm still looking for an Imperial 4 dr HT, would also take a 67 NY'er as long as the car is not Green inside or out ! Car can't need any renovation, especially inside, just a nice well looked after car.

Getting a little down with all the searching and no joy, missed out on 2 cars in the last month, flew all the way to Sweden after agreeing a price etc and the guy sold it to somebody else before I got there ! thats the kind of luck I am having :-(

My fingers are permanently crossed here :lol:

If the person in Sweden knew you were flying in to look at the car and then sold it before you got there, that person is a complete *******.

What an expensive drag for you.

If the person in Sweden knew you were flying in to look at the car and then sold it before you got there, that person is a complete *******.

What an expensive drag for you.

That's exactly what happened, he ignored emails texts and calls ! I did however enjoy the 4 day trip there, so some positive outcome from it....

Private sellers in the US think I am trying some sort of scam when I contact them, very frustrating !

I looked on Adhuntr and did a general Google search. For your specs I would look further into this one but try to get for $8000. I like the color and no vinyl top. If no one close to look at it from our site then look for Collector Car Appraiser nearby.

1968 Chrysler Imperial | eBay

Thanks Pete, but that car's interior is shot so no use to me. Colour combo is right on the money though ! Buying via ebay a no go, too difficult to organise uplifts in timeframes. If it was a dealer I'd consider buying via ebay.

Don't be afraid of minor interior work, meaning seat inserts. SMS of Portland probably has the material. If the dash pad and door panels are good, great as more expensive and difficult to find someone to repair. I was late this week for the '67 Imperial in the copper bronze color. It sold for 4k but it still needed some driver seat repair and it was in leather plus some paint/body work. I estimate $1500 to get the front seat fixed in either of the two cars mentioned. It is unrealistic to expect no work to be done at this price point. Meaning, if everything else checks out on the car, the seller is honest and car is priced right then that is the one to consider.

Interior work is the biggest issue, I don't live in the US or even England so access to these services is a no go. I have seen quite a few cars in the condition I require, but usually green or very hard to get to places. Shipping a car from Minnesota is very different from shipping from Florida or San Fran etc, so much more cost involved. Shipping and import taxes are running around $5 to $6k minumum on top of the cost of the car for something close to the coast.

The dude selling the copper one was asking $10.5k originally on CL ( ad is still there ) before he went ebay route. The leather tear was minor small one on driver seat, not the mess the Teal car is in.

I do appreciate help links advice etc though.

I was looking at a sedan a few days ago,( I considered it as super condition, looked after car even though I want a HT )and then I told the seller where I lived after he sent lots of pics etc ! zip replies since...

I couldn’t do a sedan either.

Not sure how to do that ? can a mod for the site do it for me? Also want to ask if any members live close to Sacramento that would be willing to look at a car for me? where's the best place to ask that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back