Interior Fabric

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
Searching out new interior for my 1962 Crown 4 door. Well I never looked that close at it but the front seat fabric insert and front door panel fabric does not match the rear seat and door panel. I suspect someone re did the front at some point and that is why the front seat is in better condition then the back seat. I just want to make sure I am getting the right stuff. I did get a sample from SMS that looks very close to the back seat fabric.

Also the carpet in the car seems to be more of a plush carpet and the sample I got is a loop carpet, which is correct?

Back Seat.jpg

Front Seat.jpg

SMS Sample.jpg

Unfoundedly I need more than just the fabric, I need them made also. Not really any shops around here that can sew them up for me.

Try the boat people - they still have LOTS of great upholsterers out there. Boating is a thing where the seats get terribly weathered, and recovered regularly.

There is also this place I gleaned from a google search in Milwaukee: EDLO AUTO TRIM

I have tried different local shops and none want to do vehicle upholstery. There is a restoration shop that I am sure will do it, but I would have to get another job to afford it LOL

Hopefully someone can chime in on my different fabric front and back

In looking at a 1962 Crown brochure at www.eatondetroitspring.com (after the vehicle info is input in the main page, the second page comes up with the spring numbers/specs/pricing, on that second page, at the top, is a "Links" icon, click on that to bring up a sales brochure, then click on
the diagonal arrows to get it full screen and expand it) to see the Crown fabrics. From those illustrations, drawn art rather than photographic art, it appears the fabric in the top picture is more accurate, but not exactly accurate for the illustrations.

In this and other car forums, the wait time for SMS to do a sewn upholstery cover can be up to or more than a year. No mention of the prices for such, though.

As to which is correct, you might remove the door panels on the front and rear doors, to see which one has been messed with, to determine which fabric is correct.

Auto Custom Carpet will build molded carpet in a variety of carpet styles.

Good luck,
CBODY67

Back