It's almost done! 68 300 4 door

Turnnbank

Reaction score
image.jpg

It's a 4 door I know but we thought it looked like a dead mobster car so we re did it anyway. Just waiting for the vinyl top to come in and lower the suspension 2". It's sitting on jacks in the photo. Completely redone. Windows tinted. Seats redone new paint. Oddly enough. I have built some really incredible cars over the years and I have never seen so much attention over this thing.

On a lighter note I have been here on the site for sometime and I had to register again. Strange. I'll be shooting this one professionally (I own a commercial photo studio that shoots cars) so we'll post those when its done. I have been looking for another 68 4 door with the 440 like this one and can't find them anywhere. Scrap heap.. To bad .. It's really turning into a neat car.

image.jpg

Love the car, it looks really good, including the color, and don't mind lowering it some, but the wheels are not my cup of tea.

I have 4 '68 300s but the only one that I am willing to sell is a convertible.... The body isn't too bad, but everything else is.... $900 without the road wheels.

IMG_0457.jpg

Again, beautiful car... And welcome to the site...

IMG_0457.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice 300 and looking forward to seeing more pictures. What does the interior look like?

Welcome, an interesting car........ I dont like the wheels either but it fits where you are going. Always nice to see a four door getting some love

Welcome back to the site from the Motor City! I think the car looks great and can't wait to see more of it!

Like flucking jewelry it's so nice!

Lol well. About the wheels. I actually still have the originals but they look like they were put on with a sledge hammer at one time. I had taken them off to redo all of the brakes and set them next to a new set of wheels that were in my shop for a late model 300. So I ordered a pair just to try. The interior is redone In all original black with the emblems sewn back in and all. I will take photos.

So other than window tint and wheels the car is restored original. Lowered only as a trial. If it doesn't look cool its going right back to stock height.

Oh yea. The paint is a 2005 chrysler blue. The original blue really doesn't look that great in my eyes because of the EPA rules. Matching it didn't seem to have the same effect as the original. We just darkened it up a shade and used a water based paint that looks really cool at different times of the day. This is a trial for me. So well see.

But like I said. I have never seen so many people come look at any one of my cars this much and I have some cool cars so I thought.

I love the '68 welcome aboard. Great work you will get lots of looks driving her down the road.

Missing one key and you have to report to the Council. :)

Welcome aboard, nice ride but I hate to break it to you Capone wouldn't be caught dead with those rims. Otherwise well done.

My dad used to have a 4 dr 300...you don't see many around anymore. Well done.

Back