It's still painful to watch

Doesn't bother me much as every part they will need is still being produced if needed and insurance will cover it. Now a C body on the other hand,:eek::soapbox::BangHead: :bs_flag::wtf::(

Looks like he tried a little too much acceleration rather than letting momentum carry the car into the trailer. He might have hit the front of the trailer if the "side slip" hadn't stopped him!

Either way, a winch would have been better than calling a wrecker AND getting the car fixed.

Nice Mustang, at least it was . . .

Perhaps this is a case for putting some "grip tape" on the ramps?

CBODY67

Doesn't bother me much as every part they will need is still being produced if needed and insurance will cover it. Now a C body on the other hand,:eek::soapbox::BangHead: :bs_flag::wtf::(

Used to be that early Mustangs and '57 T-birds had plenty of repro parts availability when others (even Camaros, at the time) were scrounging salvage yards for good used parts to refurbish.

CBODY67

Looks like he tried a little too much acceleration rather than letting momentum carry the car into the trailer. He might have hit the front of the trailer if the "side slip" hadn't stopped him!

Either way, a winch would have been better than calling a wrecker AND getting the car fixed.

Nice Mustang, at least it was . . .

Perhaps this is a case for putting some "grip tape" on the ramps?

CBODY67
I think the "sideslip" is built into these cars and they usually eat a curb or an oncoming car!

at least 3 ding dongs watching him hang out of the window like a dog in the wind to see the ramp and nobody thought to guide him up? He probably slipped on the clutch. I drew lines on in the inside of our trailer so I could line up the hood/fender seam to the line on the front wall and then a line on the side to look directly at to know I'd gone far enough forward. Good for all B bodies, for the Fury I have to be a little to the left and a little back :)

What made it hard to watch for me was the piss-poor camera work. :BangHead:

I think he had the car lined up correctly, but those crappy little tires didn't grip when needed. The street looks like it might be drying, so the the tires were probably a little slick.
As far as hanging out the window to line up, well that's how its done. You line up your left front tire with a reference point on the skid, usually one of the holes in the skid. Car haulers load many different types of cars and trucks of various widths, drawing lines on the inside of the trailer would only be reliable if you are loading the same type of vehicle in the same trailer.
His mistake was not stopping as soon as he felt the wheels slip.
Outside of this and driving into the side of the trailer, I think he did everything right!:lol:

Sounds like he was riding the clutch from the outset and only let it out fully once momentum had already started dropping which broke the tires loose. You'd think a professional transport company would have a few guys on hand that could've made that ramp blindfolded..... not saying I'm one of em, but.

He rode the clutch in order to maintain control. If full momentum was reached we would see the nose jump up a bit. Full momentum is not something you want when loading.

Back