Kiwi Classics and Customs' "Large Marge"

CBODY67

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
If you've watched "Uncle Tony's Garage very much, you might have seen Kiwi on some of Uncle Tony's videos. You might also know about "Large Marge", the 1959 Plymouth Suburban that Kiwi and an associate flew to California to buy, make it driveable, and then drive it back to TN (which is a YouTube video set by itself). I went to Kiwi's website, www.kiwiclassicsandcustoms.com and then clicked on the "YouTube" icon to get to his videos on Large Marge. In one video, he is wiring the electric fuel pump into the existing wiring harness, plus using a Ford Mustang starter solenoid (which he said is less expensive and very similar to the OEM Mopar solenoid) to run the neutral safety switch off of.

In another video he is installing "Central Locking" (power door locks) using an aftermarket kit. In another one, he installs power windows. The car still has the original 318 V-8 and TF, at this time. The aftermarket electric lock kit can also be run from a cellphone.

I suspect these additions can also go back to 1955 and up into later models, too.

In looking at the similar videos YouTube put in their listing, I also discovered a YouTuber called "Bob Merritt" who was doing some work on a 300J, with other videos on late 1950 to middle 1960 Letter Cars. Like changing the hvac blower motor on the 300J.

Just some things I found that I felt some of y'all might be interested in,
CBODY67

Back