Klaus/Karsten: Am I nuts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
or am I normal thinking I can put a killer engine in this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...rs_Trucks&hash=item2a327b259b#ht_25530wt_1288

14.jpg

OK......I was just joking.

Not much room in the engine bay by the looks of it. A Mercedes V-12 would make it scream if you could shoe horn it in there.

mercedes-benz_v12_engine.jpg

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1999 SL600 V12 Powerplant [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif](similar to 1993 - 2002).[/FONT]

engine_5490.jpg

Sorry Stan, I am really clueless.

This one has german dealer liscense plates installed. Cars is still in germany and doesn't have inspection anymore. Might have some problems

Carsten

Let me just answer Stan's first question: Yes.

Any other questions?

Ross calling one of my fantasy projects nuts.
It must totally be insane then.
I'd like to do it.
I'm thinking a crate Buick V6 turbo.

The real question is why?

If you want it to be peppy, just throw a turbo on it. Of course, any additional power will break axles, etc. with a manual transmission.

Ross calling one of my fantasy projects nuts.
It must totally be insane then.
I'd like to do it.
I'm thinking a crate Buick V6 turbo.

Stan: Since you are already in GM land. . .

I would suggest a Chevrolet LS-1 crate motor. Its all aluminum and has very high horsepower. And while yer at it, go ahead and throw a 4L60E automatic behind it - or how about a six-speed ?

Put a new 5.0 ford crate motor in it " *** monkey style" now I'm out of ideas since tv has all the answers

I'm out of ideas. ;)

Could always go with old school.....punch it .030 or whatever the max, 13.5 to 1 pistons, stroke it, big *** cam, make a set of headers....and an Eddie or Holley carb. LOL!

lol
Well it's in Germany so nothing's going to happen. Why he listed it on ebay U.S. made no sense.
Back to reality...

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
This vehicle is worth at best if description fits it 3 k Euros and still falling as it's not considered vintage but used car. Only reason selling overseas is the seller wants to have it out of the country as it's even worse or he also wants to avoid possible warranty dangers if he's a commercial seller. I doubt the five speed manual trans is considered rare in Europe.

If you're serious about a hipo car from this line of cars just get one of the factory original 400 /420/ 500 E-models. They were thoroughly engineered by Mercedes Benz and AMG and came with a V8 of 279 and 320 hp, however only as 4dr. sedans and with auto trans as the manuals were not considered strong enough for that kind of power. You could even get a 6 Liter AMG 600 with 381 hp for one year. These have way better chances to go up and are partly already considered collector's items.
A good 400 will start at about 8 K Euros, the others are a bit more costly.

As a coupe the highest performance choice was a 6 cyl. with 272 hp from AMG.

I dig unassuming sleepers; wouldn't change a thing if I would go after one of these.
W124 E-Klasse 500E - Classic Center.jpg

W124 E-Klasse 500E - Classic Center.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back