Lace, flake & glitter paint jobs

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_3094.JPG
Its a 70's thing. Started in the late 60's. I have always loved this stuff. I go to a lot of vintage car shows & races. Still see a lot of this stuff. So I decide to start a thread. No haters please. If this is not your thing please move the on.

Thanks for posting the pics. I've always liked these paint jobs. I remember seeing quite a few of them when I was a kid/teenager. There was someone who used to do them out of his garage, just living a few blocks from me back then. He did nice work.

I've considered doing this to my car. It needs a new vinyl top anyway, so I could do the vinyl, go with single color painted roof or do something like the cars above. I dunno. It will be awhile before I have to make that decision.

Thanks for posting the pics. I've always liked these paint jobs. I remember seeing quite a few of them when I was a kid/teenager. There was someone who used to do them out of his garage, just living a few blocks from me back then. He did nice work.

I've considered doing this to my car. It needs a new vinyl top anyway, so I could do the vinyl, go with single color painted roof or do something like the cars above. I dunno. It will be awhile before I have to make that decision.
I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I got a couple rust bubbles under thr vinyl and thought a kustom painted top with some big metalflake would look sweet.

There is also a deal where you take regular household Tin Foil & wad it up. Then flatten it back out leaving the wrinkles. Take the sheet & press it onto the still wet paint & it leaves the wrinkled pattern. Looks very cool, but takes practice. I'll see if I can find some pics

Not my cup up tea but can appreciate the talent that goes into the work. I imagine there is a diminishing number of shops around that are capable of doing quality work like this. Works on all kinds of bodies...

Carolin-in-Lace.jpg

Back