Last show of the year......most likely

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Went to a show today about 30 miles from home at garden center/supply store. About 70-75 cars, lots of Halloween things for the little ones,hay rides,tractor pulls,etc. Counting my 'Doba, about 5 or 6 Mopars with 1 C-body. The '70 GTO Vert(455 4 speed originally Aztec Gold)and the '71 Vette(350 4 -speed) belong to 2 of my buddies that I drove to the show with. The '66 Monaco 500 started life in Montana and the guy who has it got it from Arizona. Original 383 car but not the original motor('68 383). Decent driver with a re-paint(ok) and about 106,000 on the clock.

Middle 1.JPG

Middle 2.JPG

Middle 3.JPG

Middle 4.JPG

Middle 5.JPG

Middle 6.JPG

Middle 7.JPG

I think that Cordoba has the Crown Roof option where the entire length of the roof halo band lights up. I think it was electroluminescent.

I think that Cordoba has the Crown Roof option where the entire length of the roof halo band lights up. I think it was electroluminescent.
Yes it does, it is my car,lol! Contrary to what some think, it does not completely light up. Just on the sides like opera lamps. The lady I bought the car from is the daughter of the original owners, her mom is still alive and I had her ask her mom about it, she said it never lit completely.

Yes it does, it is my car,lol! Contrary to what some think, it does not completely light up. Just on the sides like opera lamps. The lady I bought the car from is the daughter of the original owners, her mom is still alive and I had her ask her mom about it, she said it never lit completely.

chrysler%201978%20cordoba-05.jpg

G. Optional Landau vinyl roof.
H. Optional Halo full-vinyl roof.
I. Optional padded elk-grain Crown roof with distinctive illuminated light band.
J. Optional T-bar roof with lift-out tinted glass panels.
K Optional power sun roof.

I had a 77 with the crown roof years ago and the light band did not light the entire length. But I always thought it should! Any body else know if they did or not? What does the shop manual say?

The white lens continues across the top but just the sides are lit.

What Dan says above. I took the chrome trim pieces off and looked down inside and you can just about see a bulb. No way do those light the whole bar. As glennb49 stated, I wish the whole thing lit up.

Back