WANTED Looking for a bendix booster for disc/drum setup.

BAD69FURY

Reaction score
Contact seller
Anyone have an extra disc/drum bendix booster for sale? Or know of a source to buy one? It will be going into my 68 plymouth sport fury. I have a console shift car, so I can use either the dual or single diaphragm bendix boosters. I’m overhauling my brakes and rebuilding using factory parts.

Thanks!

I have disc booster on a 69 imperial if that will work for you?
Post here my inbox is full
I think so, can you post a pic of it? Can you confirm if your imperial is a disc brake car, otherwise if its power drums I cannot use it.

I know there are differences between imperials disc spindles rotors and calipers but the boosters should be the same.

Anyone have an extra disc/drum bendix booster for sale? Or know of a source to buy one? It will be going into my 68 plymouth sport fury. I have a console shift car, so I can use either the dual or single diaphragm bendix boosters. I’m overhauling my brakes and rebuilding using factory parts.

Thanks!
What makes you think you can use a drum brake booster? From my research, disc brakes need twice as much boost as do drum brakes. Hence the dual diaphragm.

What makes you think you can use a drum brake booster? From my research, disc brakes need twice as much boost as do drum brakes. Hence the dual diaphragm.
Of course I’ll be looking for a disc booster and yes to the dual diaphragm. Thanks

Maybe I read this wrong but below shows which boosters I can use based on a post from this site. I have a center console shift car not column shift .

IMG_4731.png

I will get some pics later today.
All 69 imperials are disc brakes.
I just don’t know if a 69 imperial PB booster is the same as 68 Plymouth?
Do you need pedal assembly also.
Aren’t some proportion valves needed also

I will get some pics later today.
All 69 imperials are disc brakes.
I just don’t know if a 69 imperial PB booster is the same as 68 Plymouth?
Do you need pedal assembly also.
Aren’t some proportion valves needed

Don’t go through the trouble. I’ve just purchased the power disc booster from the 69 polara parts car I bought my disc brakes from. Thanks anyways.

Maybe some experienced members can chime in on needs for my conversion.

Do I need a power brake pedal assembly too?

I have a 1968 Plymouth sport fury currently with Manuel drum brakes all around.

I want to change over to factory power disc brakes (disc/drum)

Below are the parts I currently have for the conversion rebuild.

I pulled the spindles, rotors, calipers, dust shields, and prop valve from a parts car 69 dodge polara that had power brakes.

See below.

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

I will be grabbing the donor cars brake disc power booster as well. I already have a nice disc drum 4 bolt MC with 1 , 1/8 bore thanks to mobile parts.

IMG_4557.jpeg

I will be grabbing the donor cars brake disc power booster as well. I already have a nice disc drum 4 bolt MC with 1 , 1/8 bore thanks to mobile parts.

View attachment 669782
You may want to have that booster rebuilt before installing it in your car. If it still works, it probably won't for long without refreshing. You will also need to grab the brake pedal linkage from under the dash.

Back