Looking for project c bodies.

Dano

Reaction score
Hello to all! I am sure some of you can relate to my perdicament. In about a 20 mile radius from my house there are about 5 to 6 old mopar's that i have been working on for years now. I stop and i stop and i stop and the same old thing. NOT FOR SALE. These old relics are just wasting away all because the owner's have some kind of attachment and will not sell. That being said i have traveled to CT,OH,SC,P.A to buy cars when i would only have to travel 20 minutes if these people would just sell. That being said i am looking for any 64 to 78 cbody as well as 75 to 79 b bodies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Was also looking for some mopar yards as well. Thanks.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Plenty of cars posted in the For Sale section of this Forum.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Plenty of cars posted in the For Sale section of this Forum.
Nice to meet you too. Yeah, i have been searching the posts. Some nice stuff but when you are looking at buying 5 or 6 i am trying to find projects. It keeps the cost down some what.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Am I reading this right when you say you're looking for several projects?

Hello to all! I am sure some of you can relate to my perdicament. In about a 20 mile radius from my house there are about 5 to 6 old mopar's that i have been working on for years now. I stop and i stop and i stop and the same old thing. NOT FOR SALE. These old relics are just wasting away all because the owner's have some kind of attachment and will not sell. That being said i have traveled to CT,OH,SC,P.A to buy cars when i would only have to travel 20 minutes if these people would just sell. That being said i am looking for any 64 to 78 cbody as well as 75 to 79 b bodies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Was also looking for some mopar yards as well. Thanks.

Welcome Dano and this is the place to come for C body advice. If there is a remotely interesting C body for sale in the universe these guys will post the CL or whatever link to it in the "C bodies for sale" forum at the drop of a hat.

If you want to check out B bodies head over to FBBO .. there have been several pretty decent projects for sale there recently or check local CL or newspapers

You can also do some searchin for sites where you can set up CL alerts that you can tailor to your specific geographic area with keywords for the car(s) you are looking for. I'd post it here but these guys would go off the rails if they had direct feeds of more CL ads to post getting sent directly to their inbox.

Welcome, we have discussed to great length about the people who keep cars outside and say" I'm gonna fix'er up someday". Meanwhile they rust into the ground and nothing we can do........only to find out the car went for scrap......

Welcome, we have discussed to great length about the people who keep cars outside and say" I'm gonna fix'er up someday". Meanwhile they rust into the ground and nothing we can do........only to find out the car went for scrap......
Yes, indeed its a terrible shame when that happens, esp. if it is (or was) some rare and desirable mopar.

And in the end.........they end up with $300 scrap price. What a shame!

Nice to meet you too. Yeah, i have been searching the posts. Some nice stuff but when you are looking at buying 5 or 6 i am trying to find projects. It keeps the cost down some what.

For a moment I was a little concerned as I misread your username as "Demo" first. :)

Last edited:
Nice to have met you all so far. The cars i have been working on for some time now are nice. One is a 78 magnum with a 440 out of a older c bodie wagon. I last stopped on it 7 years ago. Still sitting in the garage with so much junk on it all you can see is a trace of the left rear tail light. The motor was just sitting inside the engine bay. I thought i had it when the same guy GAVE me his dodge plow truck. Another one is a 65 two door Newyorker. 413 car. Nice but the guy's wife thought it was worth gold. 6,000.00. Another in a 74 Imperial with a 440. My neighbor who i am really good friends with, its her dad's car. He is never going to drive again and has left it to her. I enjoy buying and selling cars. I drove out to CT and saved a 77 Gran Fury from a yard i found. It was a flood victim. 800.00 i paid for that car. Ended up getting it running and re sold it.

Back