WANTED Looking to buy a 71-74 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog Kid

Reaction score
Contact seller
So a few months ago I was reminiscing about what it was like to sit behind the wheel of the 1974 Plymouth Fury III that I had in high school and it suddenly hit me - why can't I get another one? I mean, I have money these days (unlike in high school) and I think it would be a real cool experience to be able to take my kids to their baseball games in a car from the 70's.

So.....what I am looking for is a Fury 2 door coupe from 1971 to 1974. My preference actually starts at the 74 and then goes down to the 71. I am not looking for anything in mint condition but it does need to be drivable. I don't have the skills or facilities to deal with a project car. My budget tops out at $5K and as far as location - I would probably want to stay east of the Mississippi, especially if I had to get something shipped back to Virginia. However I would be willing to consider any possibility.

I am regularly looking at Craigslist so I am pretty familiar with what is out there however I feel that if I posted my request here I will have better luck in finding something. Any assistance with my search is appreciated.

You understand that the 69-73 Furys and the 74+ Furys are completely different cars, right?

Yeah....I know. I want a 74 because that is what I used to have. However....I like the body style of the earlier ones better so I would be happy with either.

not sure how old the ad is or what the price is
Find used 1974 Plymouth Gran Fury - Gran Coupe in Wayne, New Jersey, United States
001.jpg

Yeah....I know. I want a 74 because that is what I used to have. However....I like the body style of the earlier ones better so I would be happy with either.

Thats how it starts ...Good luck. If you check in here daily something will pop up to your liking. These cats are always finding something for sale out there.

BTW, you may want expand your search. The 75 Gran Fury Custom is almost identical to the 74, the only real difference was an emblem in the center of the grill. The 75 Gran Fury Brougham, 76 and 77 Gran Furys were also very close with a slightly different grill but you may not be as interested in these because as you said, you're really only interested in the 74 because you had one but if you're interested in the 74, I think you'd be interested in the 75 Gran Fury Custom.

75 Gran Fury Custom

75 Gran Fury Custom.JPG

75 Gran Fury

75 gran fury.JPG

76 Gran Fury

76 Gran Fury.JPG

77 Gran Fury

77 Gran Fury.JPG

BTW, you may want expand your search. The 75 Gran Fury Custom is almost identical to the 74, the only real difference was an emblem in the center of the grill. The 75 Gran Fury Brougham, 76 and 77 Gran Furys were also very close with a slightly different grill but you may not be as interested in these because as you said, you're really only interested in the 74 because you had one but if you're interested in the 74, I think you'd be interested in the 75 Gran Fury Custom.

75 Gran Fury Custom

View attachment 111538

75 Gran Fury

View attachment 111537

76 Gran Fury

View attachment 111539

77 Gran Fury

View attachment 111540
The 74's didn't have the cooling vents in the front bumper. They had radiator cooling problems so Chrysler put 2 cooling vents in all of the Formal 75-78 front bumpers.

The 74's didn't have the cooling vents in the front bumper. They had radiator cooling problems so Chrysler put 2 cooling vents in all of the Formal 75-78 front bumpers.
The 75 Chrysler and Imperial also got redesigned/ enlarged grilles along with the bumper venting to increase airflow. It worked. My 77 T&C runs cooler in traffic than my 74 Imperials did.

I believe you're confusing the 1975 Gran Fury Brougham with the 1975 Gran Fury Custom. Confusing I know, but the Custom was a complete carry over of the 1974 with an additional horizontal bar and an emblem in the grill. The Gran Fury Brougham was the redesign to reduce to one headlight on each side, move the turn signals up beside the headlights, larger grill, and larger bumper openings for air flow.

1974 Fury
74 Fury.jpg

1975 Gran Fury Custom
1975 Gran Fury Custom.jpg

1975 Gran Fury Brougham
1975 Gran Fury Brougham.jpg

The car is located in Lebanon, MO 65536
Thanks
641-891-8235

Another Missouri car, so so many cars coming out of Missouri. Until I bought mine two years ago and actually visited there I thought maybe nine people lived there. The place is crowded like an east coast state

Analog, If you can stand a 4 door, I have a decent 71 Fury III. I'm in Chesapeake, Va. The car is my profile pic

Analog, If you can stand a 4 door, I have a decent 71 Fury III. I'm in Chesapeake, Va. The car is my profile pic

Sorry for the late reply here - for some reason I thought I got emailed when this thread was replied to. Guess not.

I might be interested - can you post some more pics? You are close enough for me to come see it without spending a fortune.

I am also broadening my search to include Newports and Polaras. Since I have been on this site I have started to like those as well.

Sorry for the late reply here - for some reason I thought I got emailed when this thread was replied to. Guess not.

I might be interested - can you post some more pics? You are close enough for me to come see it without spending a fortune.

I am also broadening my search to include Newports and Polaras. Since I have been on this site I have started to like those as well.
I am in Chesapeake, Va. I'll send more pics.

My friend Wayne is looking to sell his '74 coupe so he can start restoring a Chrysler convertible. He can be reached at 316 217 6040

My friend Wayne is looking to sell his '74 coupe so he can start restoring a Chrysler convertible. He can be reached at 316 217 6040

Thanks for reaching out. Oh well....figures that a good lead would come through now. Unfortunately I just bought a '72 two weeks ago so I am out of the market for another car - at least for now. It would be interesting to see - not too many of those around anymore but I can't get too greedy. My family would freak if I brought another one home so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back