Modern radio

66furys

Reaction score
I have read and researched, and the singular radio I found was a rebuilt on Ebay, and could not get a reply on fitment. It surprises me that there is no am/fm modern to fit the dash on this 66 fury. Simple two knobs and a display window....wth is so hard. Anyone found a replacement that will fit the dash on the beasties? thanks And of course, mama mopar probably had three hundred variants of fitment for just the C body.....

This of course wouldn't have the same look. Back in the 90's I got an extra radio bezel for my 68 NYer and trimmed the holes out so that a modern DIN radio would fit. In my current 68 NYer I built a wood console that sits on the hump and the factory radio resides in the dash.

What about using a bluetooth adapter with the original radio? I did something similar in my old chevy, but I'm not sure if it would work for mopars. Just throwing ideas out there

I have read and researched, and the singular radio I found was a rebuilt on Ebay, and could not get a reply on fitment. It surprises me that there is no am/fm modern to fit the dash on this 66 fury. Simple two knobs and a display window....wth is so hard. Anyone found a replacement that will fit the dash on the beasties? thanks And of course, mama mopar probably had three hundred variants of fitment for just the C body.....
"WTH is so hard"? Back then, every car's instrument panel was different and NOT flat. Curves, angles, peaks etc in the middle of the instrument panel area where the radio was. With a specific-to-the-car shaft spacing, usually, too. NOTHING universal, which is what all of the later "modern" radios are. NO "fit kits" to adapt them, either. ONLY upgrades from the factory were to AM-FM mono until the 1968 model year when 8-track tapes became optional, which required a different bezel, too. THAT is what is so hard!

Wanted FM, an under-dash unit to "adapt" to the in-dash unit. If you wanted a Stereo 8-track and FM Stereo addition, that was in an under-dash (or hump mount, in the case of Pioneer) unit. THAT was how it was done back then. Of course, had to add the stereo speakers. Usually in the front kick panels or cut-up the door trim panels for some 5.25" round speakers, plus the dual 6x9s in the rear package tray deck.

Back then, no "head units" or need for "amps" as sub-woofers hadn't been invented yet.

A different world back then, as to "auto sound".

Respectfully,
CBODY67

Back